The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

ASA 18Gold report

I have returned to my "normal" life after the ASA 18Gold tournament in San Diego, CA last week.

What a blast! I got to work with some very good umpires from across the country and meet several more. I was able to meet one more person from the forum, DaveASA/FED, but didn't get to work with him. I did watch him work the plate for the loser's bracket final, outstanding job!

Working the three umpire system for the entire tournament was great...always good to get more experience in doing that. Had some very good discussions on ASA mechanics with several umpires and the UIC.

The UIC staff was great and to have them watch and evaluate your game was definitely a learning experience. Most of my games were very competitive and not too much weird stuff happened. SoCal ASA was a great host and really took care of us. It was also awesome to be in San Diego...I think the hottest it got was about 82 degrees with a breeze...not too bad!

All in all, a tremendous experience that I will always remember!
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 12:16pm
Official Forum Member

I agree it was a great tournament with an outstanding group of umpires! It was great to meet you, just wish we would have been able to get on the diamond together, hopefully down the road somewhere we will!

I also agree SoCal was a wonderful host, there was nothing I could have wanted that wasn't there! I was out there last year in Hemet for the 18U A and it was the same way, very high class organization!

I will work in San Diego anytime! I got off the plane at home last night about 10pm and it felt hotter with the humidity here at 10pm than it did any day while I was out there! Why do I live here again???
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Congrats, both of you!!! You should be very proud.
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 08:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED View Post
I agree it was a great tournament with an outstanding group of umpires! It was great to meet you, just wish we would have been able to get on the diamond together, hopefully down the road somewhere we will!
You just want Andy on the field with you for shade
Old Mon Aug 01, 2011, 09:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
You just want Andy on the field with you for shade
Well he do block a lot of light!!!
Old Tue Aug 02, 2011, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I have returned to my "normal" life after the ASA 18Gold tournament in San Diego, CA last week.

What a blast! I got to work with some very good umpires from across the country and meet several more. I was able to meet one more person from the forum, DaveASA/FED, but didn't get to work with him. I did watch him work the plate for the loser's bracket final, outstanding job!

Working the three umpire system for the entire tournament was great...always good to get more experience in doing that. Had some very good discussions on ASA mechanics with several umpires and the UIC.

The UIC staff was great and to have them watch and evaluate your game was definitely a learning experience. Most of my games were very competitive and not too much weird stuff happened. SoCal ASA was a great host and really took care of us. It was also awesome to be in San Diego...I think the hottest it got was about 82 degrees with a breeze...not too bad!

All in all, a tremendous experience that I will always remember!
What a fabulous experience for you.........jealous I guess on my part.......

I have an application on my phone that shows weather in several cities.....I look at Galveston/Tx, Freeport/Fl, and Tempe/Az.....the temps this summer have been averaging 97-110 between them.....I also have Huntington Beach/Ca (about 75 miles from San Diego) and have seen many high 60's and low 70's on those same days).......makes me hate my Niece at those times........now I know why my oldest wants to move to that area.......

Joel