The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Softball (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/)
-   -   3n2 mid plate shoes (https://forum.officiating.com/softball/64103-3n2-mid-plate-shoes.html)

CajunNewBlue Fri Mar 04, 2011 04:55pm

3n2 mid plate shoes

Got a pair this year.... omg!!! how did i ever call a ball or a strike without these... (appearantly, not well... according to the crowd :rolleyes: )

no one asked but.. darn it... they some good shoes!! :D

Duke Fri Mar 04, 2011 07:35pm

Just was looking at these online and came here to see if anyone had an opinion on these. Guess you do..... What about sizing? Did you get your normal size as your other plate shoes? Where did you buy yours?

shagpal Sat Mar 05, 2011 03:22am

on plate shoes, half sizing up is always wise because the protective toe box narrows the fit. also, the boombah, elite, and 3N2 "mid" cut tend to fit smaller, at least that is my personal experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke (Post 736685)
Just was looking at these online and came here to see if anyone had an opinion on these. Guess you do..... What about sizing? Did you get your normal size as your other plate shoes? Where did you buy yours?

CajunNewBlue Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:19am

yes, half size up... and i got the widest available... think i bought them from "between the lines" as they had lowest shipping (at the time) and lowest price. total spent $93'ish

CecilOne Sat Mar 05, 2011 04:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by shagpal (Post 736736)
on plate shoes, half sizing up is always wise because the protective toe box narrows the fit. also, the boombah, elite, and 3N2 "mid" cut tend to fit smaller, at least that is my personal experience.

Are you saying 1/2 size up for 3N2 from my other plate shoes, or just 1/2 size up from dress shoes? My other plate shoes are 1/2 size up from dress shoes, also some of by base shoes.

CajunNewBlue Sat Mar 05, 2011 07:08pm

1/2 size up from your actual foot size

shagpal Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:13pm

buy a half size up from your normal size you wear, the normal US size.

if your foot is a bit on the chunky side, I'd consider buying the wide size as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CecilOne (Post 736844)
Are you saying 1/2 size up for 3N2 from my other plate shoes, or just 1/2 size up from dress shoes? My other plate shoes are 1/2 size up from dress shoes, also some of by base shoes.

IRISHMAFIA Sun Mar 06, 2011 09:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunNewBlue (Post 736657)
Got a pair this year.... omg!!! how did i ever call a ball or a strike without these... (appearantly, not well... according to the crowd :rolleyes: )

I'm sort of curious how you did it from mid plate? :D

CajunNewBlue Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:02pm

lol

larryw Tue Mar 08, 2011 01:54pm

I just bought a new pair of 3N2 plate shoes, and they fit better than any other shoe I've worn. There is a shoe blog at ump-attire.com explaining the sizes. They recommend buying 1/2 size up if you get normal D width, as in the New Balance plate shoes. They recommend normal sizing if you get the EE width. I puchased the EE width, using my normal size, and they fit great.

IRISHMAFIA Tue Mar 08, 2011 08:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunNewBlue (Post 737222)
lol

BTW, will be in NOLA for FQ Festival in three weeks. Cannot wait to get back there for some of the best home grown music in the country, if not the world.

Just spent last Friday night with the Soul Rebels Brass Band. Great times.

argodad Wed Apr 06, 2011 08:34pm

Cajun,

Thanks for starting this thread. Just received my 3n2 plate shoes. My very old, very heavy +POS shoes had to go. I got the low-cut version. (It's hard enough to get a running shoe on my prosthetic foot, so I stick with the lower version.) Ordered my normal size 13, but in EE width. Fits great and feels great! Can't wait to give them a try tomorrow. :cool:

kleeds Thu Apr 07, 2011 09:22am

I have the 3 and 2 base shoes and they are very comfortable and I highly reccommend them.

I also have the New Balance plate shoes and really enjoy wearing them, Everyone is right in plate shoes make sure you go up at least half is not a full size. You can always wear a thicker or double sock if the shoe is a smidge big.

dilligaf Thu Apr 07, 2011 04:46pm

The 3N2 low rise plate shoes are great as well. They are very light and very very comfortable. The concerns some have stated about the toe not being steel are unfounded. The material that the to is made of is rock hard and takes direct hits very well. I bout the 1/2 size larger and the fit is perfect.

I also have the New Balance high tops and I prefer the 3N to those. The only issue is that it has not improve my strike zone. I had several parents tell me I was squeezing the pitcher. Bit man, my feet fell great.....LOL:D

Multiple Sports Fri Apr 08, 2011 03:51pm

Officially Sports in Pittsburgh (formerly Purchse Officials Supplies), I believe offers a 10% discount if you buy both plate and base. The base shoe also works well if you do football ........................