The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 07:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I had plantar fasciitus but my pain was in my heel. I had cortizone injections but that only took care of the problem for 2 weeks. I have high arches and bought some orthodics and the problem went completely away within 3 days. Dave
According to my Doctor, mostly the pain is in the heel, but my pain in the ball of the foot is also symptomatic.

Cortizone is a possible course of action, but first I'm concentrating on arch shoes that fit properly, support, and ice...

I went out and replaced my 11EE with 11EEEE, going to a medical orthonic place to look for the right arch support.

I'm embarressed to admit that I hadn't paid that much attention to my feet before, but I just went out for a walk in my EEEEs and the difference is amazing...

(enough about my feet, now lets go back to talking about beer)
Old Wed Oct 27, 2010, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I had plantar fasciitus but my pain was in my heel. I had cortizone injections but that only took care of the problem for 2 weeks. I have high arches and bought some orthodics and the problem went completely away within 3 days. Dave
I did the same thing. The pain's not 100% gone, but I can call games all day now.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 01:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
(enough about my feet, now lets go back to talking about beer)
Not a problem. Tomorrow night I'll be on the mall downtown, drinking some Dog Fish Head and Twin Lakes microbrews watching Guitar Shorty play.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Fri Oct 29, 2010 at 01:20pm.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 01:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Not a problem. Tomorrow night I'll be on the mall downtown, drinking some Dog Fish Head and Twin Lakes microbrews watching Guitar Shorty play.
Depending on which particular DFH brew, I would say that sounds like a great plan.

I was planning on listening to some great blues myself tonight, but the show was cancelled due to illness. I will still be hanging out at my local, though, consuming some good beers. Right now, I think I am in the mood for a Stone IPA as a starter.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 02:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
Depending on which particular DFH brew, I would say that sounds like a great plan.

I was planning on listening to some great blues myself tonight, but the show was cancelled due to illness. I will still be hanging out at my local, though, consuming some good beers. Right now, I think I am in the mood for a Stone IPA as a starter.
Why? IPAs are not true to tradition.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Fri Oct 29, 2010 at 02:07pm.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Why? IPAs are not true to tradition.
Who said anything about tradition??? I just stated what I was wanting right about now.

Besides, what "tradition" does DFH adhere to???

Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Who said anything about tradition??? I just stated what I was wanting right about now.

Besides, what "tradition" does DFH adhere to???
I was referring to "India Pale Ale" and those recipes "discovered" a decade or so ago.
Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 02:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I was referring to "India Pale Ale" and those recipes "discovered" a decade or so ago.
Eh well. I am a beer connoisseur, not a beer historian. So, Stone IPA it will be.

I am sure that there are still some traditional IPA's out there, though. The American Pale Ale, now that's a different story.

Old Fri Oct 29, 2010, 03:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Eh well. I am a beer connoisseur, not a beer historian. So, Stone IPA it will be.

I am sure that there are still some traditional IPA's out there, though. The American Pale Ale, now that's a different story.
I doubt it. History of IPA
Old Sun Oct 31, 2010, 09:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Hey, it was too cold to enjoy expensive beer (mid-30's) especially since they jacked-up all the prices for the annual "Halloween Loop" when they bus all the kiddies (20-30ish) around the city in costume to get drunk and relatively wild so I settled for commercial domestic when not drinking hot chocolate. I'll make up for it today, though.

However, a young 70-something Guitar Shorty put on a great show and wouldn't stop playing until he was told he had to quit. This guy is extremely good and it is quite evident that he and brother-in-law shared some common talents. If you get an opportunity to see/hear him, I would highly recommend you try to do so.
Old Sun Oct 31, 2010, 11:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Hey, it was too cold to enjoy expensive beer (mid-30's) especially since they jacked-up all the prices for the annual "Halloween Loop" when they bus all the kiddies (20-30ish) around the city in costume to get drunk and relatively wild so I settled for commercial domestic when not drinking hot chocolate. I'll make up for it today, though.

However, a young 70-something Guitar Shorty put on a great show and wouldn't stop playing until he was told he had to quit. This guy is extremely good and it is quite evident that he and brother-in-law shared some common talents. If you get an opportunity to see/hear him, I would highly recommend you try to do so.

Wow! On the other hand, I was wearing shorts and sitting out on the patio of my local drinking great beer that night. It was mid-60's by the time I decided to head home. And yes, traditional or not, I did start with a Stone IPA.

Old Sun Oct 31, 2010, 12:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Wow! On the other hand, I was wearing shorts and sitting out on the patio of my local drinking great beer that night. It was mid-60's by the time I decided to head home. And yes, traditional or not, I did start with a Stone IPA.
Well, there is your tradition, always start with a Stone IPA.

Meanwhile, last week I tried the Blackened Voodoo from Dixie.

Now granted, Dixie is right up their with Iron City and Stegmeier in taste, but Katrina damn near killed them and their recovery only has one direction to go

The Blackened Voodoo was actually quite tasty, not very bitter and finished clean. However, I believe this was a contract brew and not out of NOLA.
Old Mon Nov 01, 2010, 10:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Well, there is your tradition, always start with a Stone IPA.

Meanwhile, last week I tried the Blackened Voodoo from Dixie.

Now granted, Dixie is right up their with Iron City and Stegmeier in taste, but Katrina damn near killed them and their recovery only has one direction to go

The Blackened Voodoo was actually quite tasty, not very bitter and finished clean. However, I believe this was a contract brew and not out of NOLA.
The BV is a good beer. We have had it in these parts since the pre-Katrina days. And yes, sadly, since the Dixie Brewery was devastated during the levy breeches(both from the flood and from looting), all of their brewing is now contracted out. I keep hoping for the day of its return.......

Old Wed Nov 03, 2010, 02:47pm
Official Forum Member

OK not about adult beverages here - but foot stuff

Flying this week I found this item in the Sky Mall magazine
FootSmart Arch Brace @12.99 ea or 2 for $9.99

States to treat plantar fasciitis, heel spurs etc.

FYI
Old Wed Nov 03, 2010, 03:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthegame View Post
Flying this week I found this item in the Sky Mall magazine
FootSmart Arch Brace @12.99 ea or 2 for $9.99

States to treat plantar fasciitis, heel spurs etc.

FYI
You have no idea how close I was to reporting this as spam. We've been getting it a lot lately...

Think I'm a little quick on the trigger today?

Anyway, I haven't seen you before (I think), so welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place...

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.