The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jun 30, 2010, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

RANT on AAS

Has anyone else had issues with All Around Sports? I ordered a mask yesterday and chose USPS shipping, which was on the recept that I got after the purchase. I got an email from them with the shipping info today and it was shipped UPS with signature required. I live in a small town and there is nobody around to sign for it during the day. The main reason I asked for it to be shipped USPS was so it would be delivered even if nobody was home. The UPS center to go pick it up is a county away. When I called and started asking why they did this, they said that they couldn't ship it from the warehouse USPS and it had to go UPS. Well do ya think that might be a bit of information that would have swayed me to purchase somewhere else... in my case... you betcha. So this guy goes on to tell me what all I can do to try and get UPS to leave it without a signature. I tell him, it's not MY problem. I paid to get it shipped one way and they chose another and if after three attempts by UPS it would be returned and I would expect a refund. He got all bent out of shape because as a customer I expected them to uphold the the details of the transaction and I insisted that THEY be the ones to contact UPS and see if they can get it fixed. What happened to the days of entering a purchase and actually getting service instead of verbal abuse when you complain about the purchase not being what was stated? I'm I wrong? Should I have just said, "Hey, things happen. I will spend my time in trying to fix the shipping problem or I can drive the 35 miles round trip to pick it up at the UPS station"?

Last edited by c4in; Wed Jun 30, 2010 at 10:58am.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2010, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4in View Post
Has anyone else had issues with All Around Sports? I ordered a mask yesterday and chose USPS shipping, which was on the recept that I got after the purchase. I got an email from them with the shipping info today and it was shipped UPS with signature required. I live in a small town and there is nobody around to sign for it during the day. The main reason I asked for it to be shipped USPS was so it would be delivered even if nobody was home. The UPS center to go pick it up is a county away. When I called and started asking why they did this, they said that they couldn't ship it from the warehouse USPS and it had to go UPS. Well do ya think that might be a bit of information that would have swayed me to purchase somewhere else... in my case... you betcha. So this guy goes on to tell me what all I can do to try and get UPS to leave it without a signature. I tell him, it's not MY problem. I paid to get it shipped one way and they chose another and if after three attempts by UPS it would be returned and I would expect a refund. He got all bent out of shape because as a customer I expected them to uphold the the details of the transaction and I insisted that THEY be the ones to contact UPS and see if they can get it fixed. What happened to the days of entering a purchase and actually getting service instead of verbal abuse when you complain about the purchase not being what was stated? I'm I wrong? Should I have just said, "Hey, things happen. I will spend my time in trying to fix the shipping problem or I can drive the 35 miles round trip to pick it up at the UPS station"?
You don't have to drive anywhere - or have a stroke either.

UPS will try to deliver. If you're not home they will leave a card that you sign authorizing them to drop it without you're being there. Sign it and leave it for the next day's attempt.

There may even be a web way if you have the tracking code.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2010, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

I called UPS and they told me that if it is "signature required", I have to sign the electronic thing and the sticky thing won't be enough. Could be that is what is supposed to happen and the driver will take the sticky note sig. It is supposed to be here on the 6th, we will see. I have a tourney starting on the 7th and really don't look forward to using the old one.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2010, 01:19pm
Official Forum Member

You may not have anything to worry about. I worked at UPS for a short time while I was in college. I was a driver's assistant. I had to study a manual on the proper procedures for delivering packages. All of that information got thrown out the window within the first 5 minutes of being on that truck. A UPS driver has to deliver all of the packages on their full truck, and they don't really have time to mess around with filling out the forms required when someone isn't home. If you're not home, then more than likely someone is going to read your name on the package, and voila, you just signed for your package. I've been home on occasions when our UPS person is delivering a package to us, and they don't even ring the doorbell. They just leave it by the front door.

Now you may get someone who actually follows proper procedure, but I wouldn't stress about it until it happens.
Old Wed Jun 30, 2010, 02:41pm
Official Forum Member

Around here, and the in the last place I lived, you can leave a note on your front door addressed to UPS stating that it is ok to leave the package if no one is home. Sign it and date it and that's all you have to do. Here, in the Dallas area, you can state whether it's for a one-time only delivery or whether it's good for all future deliveries. I think you can also set that up on-line now. You're probably gonna be ok.
Old Wed Jul 07, 2010, 07:17am
Official Forum Member

**UPDATE**

I left a note for UPS with a request to leave the package, signed and dated it. They left a sticky note saying that they will try again tomorrow and that someone will have to be there to sign for it. Sooooo, I did the online thing to have them hold it at UPS and I will pick it up, 36 miles, fuel and time added to the cost. So yeah, I'm still ticked at AAS and their lack of any form of customer service.

Last edited by c4in; Wed Jul 07, 2010 at 07:23am.