The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Apr 21, 2010, 02:37pm
Official Forum Member

It's just a guess

I love it! Watching the Syracuse-Louisville game. The blue is calling a good pitch on the outside corner a strike and Cheri Kempf must think it is off the plate because she said, "the umpires line up in what they call the slot, so they are just guessing on the outside unlike being right in line with the inside (or something like that)". Got to love sportscasters, and Cheri was a pitcher!

I wish people would think about geometry. If you have a right handed pitcher with a right handed batter, and the catchers glove does not pass the inside line of the opposite box, with a ball that is coming in straight or inside to outside or screw you must have a strike. A coach was on me one game about where the catcher was catching the ball. So after the game I went and got yellow caution tape and proved my point. It's all geometry my friends.