The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 03:33pm
Official Forum Member

ASA - Columbus, OH Association Website

Can someone provide me with the ASA - Columbus, OH Association Website.

Thanks.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeedTech View Post
Can someone provide me with the ASA - Columbus, OH Association Website.

Thanks.
Probably find it on here
ASA Softball Home Page
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 06:17pm
Official Forum Member

I'm a Columbus guy and an ASA guy. I hate to say it but the local ASA group doesn't even have their own webpage.

There is a state ASA page, if that helps: ASA Softball Home Page

There is a central Ohio page for the local high school (NFHS) umpire group. Since so many of the umpires also do ASA ball, there is usually some ASA info listed there (local meeting times and such). In the summer, they have updates about ASA tournaments. HUB of Ohio Softball Umpires Association

Personally, I wish that the local "powers that be" would put together something ASA-specific. The internet can be such a great tool for reaching your umpires, posting rule interps, doing scheduling and getting information into the hands of the people that need it. It's kind of a shame that they aren't taking advantage of all the possibilities!

Last edited by BretMan; Mon Feb 08, 2010 at 06:19pm.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 07:41pm
Official Forum Member

I think the HUB site is the one I was looking for. I had hoped they had updated some information regarding upcoming meetings for 2010.

Thanks.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 08:04pm
Official Forum Member

Not yet. They need to get on the ball! Here it is February and the local ASA meetings are usually in March.

I'm scheduled to attend a new umpire training class with our current and former local ASA commissioners on Wednesday (assuming the predicted blizzard doesn't wipe it out) and can check to see if anything is on the agenda.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 08:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BretMan View Post
Not yet. They need to get on the ball! Here it is February and the local ASA meetings are usually in March.

I'm scheduled to attend a new umpire training class with our current and former local ASA commissioners on Wednesday (assuming the predicted blizzard doesn't wipe it out) and can check to see if anything is on the agenda.
Give my regards to Warren.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 08:52am
Official Forum Member

Warren's a good guy whom I've dealt with a lot. But he is our state commish, not our local man (district #22).

I talked with him at the NUS last week, just emailed him a few days ago with a registration question, have knocked back a few cold ones with him in the past but, unfortunately, probably won't be seeing him again until a late-spring tournament.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Bretman. I had spoken with one of the commissioners at the recent training and he was supposed to email me with some information. I havent heard from him yet.
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 07:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Warren's a good guy whom I've dealt with a lot. But he is our state commish, not our local man (district #22).

I talked with him at the NUS last week, just emailed him a few days ago with a registration question, have knocked back a few cold ones with him in the past but, unfortunately, probably won't be seeing him again until a late-spring tournament.
Oops!! My bad. In ASA speak, "local association" is the state or metro association.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 10:55am
Official Forum Member

FYI...Meeting dates are now posted on the HUB website.
Old Sun Feb 14, 2010, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

The ASA will host your web site free of charge and the site has some great and easy to use templates. here is ours using the ASA site
Suffolk County ASA Umpires Association

hope this helps!
Old Sun Feb 14, 2010, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsig View Post
The ASA will host your web site free of charge and the site has some great and easy to use templates. here is ours using the ASA site
Suffolk County ASA Umpires Association

hope this helps!
I think someone needs to scale down the center graphic a bit. It takes about 20 seconds to load.

I'll be happy to do that for you. My work gives me (legit) PhotoShop.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Mon Feb 15, 2010, 12:11am
Official Forum Member

That took awhile to load for me, too.

And there was another weird glitch. When I started looking through the different pages, the "Suffix County ASA Umpire Association" stuff disappeared! What was coming up appeared to be the blank "template" pages used to build the site, before it was modified with any of your information.

So, there might be some bugs in what ASA is hosting. But thanks for pointing out that they will host a web page. I didn't know that and will pass it along in case our local association can be talked into using it!
Old Mon Feb 15, 2010, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
That took awhile to load for me, too.

And there was another weird glitch. When I started looking through the different pages, the "Suffix County ASA Umpire Association" stuff disappeared! What was coming up appeared to be the blank "template" pages used to build the site, before it was modified with any of your information.

So, there might be some bugs in what ASA is hosting. But thanks for pointing out that they will host a web page. I didn't know that and will pass it along in case our local association can be talked into using it!
It is not ASA. This has been around a few years now. It is ClubSpaces which hooked up with ASA a few years back and is marketed toward the teams. I think they announced it at the convention in Louisville, but not really sure. The initial, bare minimum site set-up is free. However, if you want it for something more than just posting data and links, there are fees for the service.

I had asked at one of the umpire committee meetings if the officiating side of the ASA house could inquire as to something similar, but modified toward umpire organizations be offered. Lot of blank stares....you would have thought I ask why rounding 1B was an appeal play I believe someone on KR's staff had to explain my request that if ASA was willing to offer this to the teams, why couldn't they offer it to their internal customer.

Don't get me wrong. I know ASA's IT dept. is struggling to keep their head above water right now as they will be swamped over the next four months with registration work.