The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Scrimmages canceled

Up to 8 inches of snow forecast for the area. I feel like I am in Delaware or some godforsaken place like that!

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
Up to 8 inches of snow forecast for the area. I feel like I am in Delaware or some godforsaken place like that!
Where at least they know enough not to schedule this early.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 05:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
Where at least they know enough not to schedule this early.
Yeah...but our average high this time of year is right around 60 degrees. Our average low is warmer than our high has been today.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 05:42pm
Archaic Power Monger

Keep that snow over that way, OK? It's rainy and cold as it is, we don't need more snow here.
Old Thu Feb 11, 2010, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Keep that snow over that way, OK? It's rainy and cold as it is, we don't need more snow here.
There is no such thing as too much snow.
Old Fri Feb 12, 2010, 08:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
I laughed at you getting snow in Sherman, TX. Then I got a call today that our game tomorrow is cancelled. That shouldn't occur here in SOUTH Carolina. Officially, it will probably be less than 3 inches, but unofficially, it's a blizzard for us.
Old Fri Feb 12, 2010, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Ump View Post
I laughed at you getting snow in Sherman, TX. Then I got a call today that our game tomorrow is cancelled. That shouldn't occur here in SOUTH Carolina. Officially, it will probably be less than 3 inches, but unofficially, it's a blizzard for us.
Here in Portland, Oregon it doesn't even have to be an inch to qualify as a blizzard. The entire city shuts down when it snows.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 09:53am
Official Forum Member

The official results for the Dallas area were up slightly from the forcast of 1-3 inches of snow.....12 1/2 " in one day. The forecasters missed it slighly.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SethPDX View Post
Here in Portland, Oregon it doesn't even have to be an inch to qualify as a blizzard. The entire city shuts down when it snows.
Kids in Pensacola area had a "snow day" yesterday. Those who wanted to see more than a few wet flakes in the air drove north to Alabama, where they actually had a few inches on the ground. My wife happened to be in the Walmart parking lot during the five minutes when actual snow was in the air. People were whooping and hollering and jumping up and down.
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argodad View Post
Kids in Pensacola area had a "snow day" yesterday. Those who wanted to see more than a few wet flakes in the air drove north to Alabama, where they actually had a few inches on the ground. My wife happened to be in the Walmart parking lot during the five minutes when actual snow was in the air. People were whooping and hollering and jumping up and down.
Use to love snow in the Panhandle. A couple flakes and schools would closes, factories would close, malls would close and I would be the only one to get to work......riding a motorcycle! Only a dusting on the roads and the world came to an end!

People would think I was crazy when I would predict snow by telling them I could smell it in the air. They stopped laughing after the second time it snowed when predicted!
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 09:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNTXUM P View Post
Dallas area ... 12 1/2 " in one day.
Ours in the midlands of South Carolina (not the mountains) ended up being "A Record Breaking 8.6 Inches", according to the local paper. Does anyone know when Al Gore is gonna get us that global warming he's been promising?
Old Sat Feb 13, 2010, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Ours in the midlands of South Carolina (not the mountains) ended up being "A Record Breaking 8.6 Inches", according to the local paper. Does anyone know when Al Gore is gonna get us that global warming he's been promising?
I understand he is jumping on that right after he puts the final touches on some project that going to allow all of us to communicate with people world wide on some type of web.
Old Mon Feb 15, 2010, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Closer to the mountains, it was a whooping 3" in my yard. Cancelled all school activities for the whole weekend.

But didn't you know, all these huge blizzards have been CAUSED by global warming.
Old Tue Feb 16, 2010, 01:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
There is no such thing as too much snow.
I couldn't agree more with that statement!!!