The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Feb 05, 2010, 11:35pm
Official Forum Member

Umpire Rain Prayers Please

Lord knows we all love softball..but I need a rain prayer to save me from a ncaa tourney this weekend... which admittedly when I accepted in early dec I did not consider super bowl. The pain is great... I'd say looking at it.. its 50/50...

Hook a brother up!

Thanks
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 01:06am
Official Forum Member

WOW...Which NCAA tournament this early?
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 10:13am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
lord knows we all love softball..but i need a rain prayer to save me from a ncaa tourney this weekend... Which admittedly when i accepted in early dec i did not consider super bowl. The pain is great... I'd say looking at it.. Its 50/50...

Hook a brother up!

Thanks
d v r
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Ha! It worked! My field was thrashed and I'm not sure how many fields can actually go tomorrow... but mines not one of them.. and I was happily excused..

Take that all you godless obama lovin heathens. (not mentioning any names like Skahtboi)

WooT Superbowl here I come!
Old Sat Feb 06, 2010, 10:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem View Post
Ha! It worked! My field was thrashed and I'm not sure how many fields can actually go tomorrow... but mines not one of them.. and I was happily excused..

Take that all you godless obama lovin heathens. (not mentioning any names like Skahtboi)

WooT Superbowl here I come!
Don't know why you are so hyped up about this game.

The positive of the high-powered offenses in which both teams will pull everything out of the bag will be negated by a geriatric half time show and the continual crap about New Orleans. I'm tired of hearing about it. It was a tragedy and I've been there and have friends who were directly affected. In spite of the media's attempt to damn the city for its attempt to recover, the city has been healing ever since.

However, these alleged "journalists" moved on until it is convenient for them to use the city's misfortune to their advantage even though they refused to reveal the cause of a major portion of their problems. For the sake of these fine people, leave them alone and allow them to once again thrive.
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 03:21am
Official Forum Member

Football is Rugby for Sissy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Don't know why you are so hyped up about this game. ...
Nor do I! It ain't no rugby and sure ain't no softball!
Yesterday on the just started SixNations-Cup we've seen the game between England and Wales on tv! No Superbowl can match that game.

Today my son and I will go to our rugby-field to see our U17-team, who do exceptionally well this season. Second place in competition, untill now.

Ik ben niet gek, doe alleen alsof! Gaat me goed af toch?
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Alex View Post
Yesterday on the just started SixNations-Cup we've seen the game between England and Wales on tv! No Superbowl can match that game.

Today my son and I will go to our rugby-field to see our U17-team, who do exceptionally well this season. Second place in competition, untill now.
Oh, rugby.

For a minute there I thought you were refering to the tough, manly sport of lacrosse. Now, that I would be interested in seeing especially with Six Nations players.

Last edited by IRISHMAFIA; Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 11:16am.
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Irish,

Since you're living in the oversee colony, you might be forgotten that the UK contains more than one nation: England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Add the the two best main-land european rugby-nations (Italy and France) and let them play each year for the SixNations-Cup. A super bowl in Rugby!

Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 02:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Irish,

Since you're living in the oversee colony, you might be forgotten that the UK contains more than one nation: England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland.
Add the the two best main-land european rugby-nations (Italy and France) and let them play each year for the SixNations-Cup. A super bowl in Rugby!
Oh, no, I have not forgotten that the UK is multi-national. But in North America, Six Nations of the Iroquois Confederacy is known (at least to those who care to learn their history) as the oldest participatory democracy on earth.

Couple of interesting reads:

The Six Nations: Oldest Living Participatory Democracy on Earth

Iroquois Confederacy (American Indian confederation) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

BTW, there are many "foreigners" who know more about American history than most citizens of the US.
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:

How many times did yo see Invictus?
Old Sun Feb 07, 2010, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

Well, it certainly was a good game and the rhetoric was suppressed once the game started.

I like the on-side kick to start the half.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 05:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne View Post
How many times did yo see Invictus?
Not. I just had to "Google" Invictus to know what you mean. Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna rent the movie soon

Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Well, it certainly was a good game and the rhetoric was suppressed once the game started.

I like the on-side kick to start the half.
Agreed on all counts. Best time to pull the on-side is when no one expects it... like the half time kickoff.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

But that 1/2 time show was a complete embarressment (to those of us who used to get pumped up by listening to the Who).

Some musicians get better with age, but on the whole I haven't seen too many mid 60 year old rockers who can put on a show like they did in the mid 60's.
Old Mon Feb 08, 2010, 04:11pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTafurst View Post
But that 1/2 time show was a complete embarressment (to those of us who used to get pumped up by listening to the Who).

Some musicians get better with age, but on the whole I haven't seen too many mid 60 year old rockers who can put on a show like they did in the mid 60's.
I heard some of the audio replayed on the radio this morning. Seemed to sound better than it did yesterday. I think it was so bad because we had to look at them.