The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 08:25am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Talking got my 3N2 shoes

I just received my 3N2 base shoes. I wore them around the house and they feel good. Our High School season starts in about 1 week and I can't wait to put them through their paces. Dave
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck View Post
I just received my 3N2 base shoes. I wore them around the house and they feel good. Our High School season starts in about 1 week and I can't wait to put them through their paces. Dave
Do yours feel a bit narrow, or are my feet just fatter than yours?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to umpirebob71
High school softball is played in the fall in Nebraska?

Back to the subject, I've worn the 3N2 shoes all spring and summer, and I've found the only shoes I'll buy from now on.
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 01:31pm
Official Forum Member

They seem about normal to me, maybe a little narrow but not much, but in my regular tennis shoes I usually get the wider version so I guess I wouldn't be the best judge of that. I really need to get on the field for the true test.

Yes, HS softball is played in the Fall in Nebraska. Starts August 27th (I guess that is still Summer) and the State tourney is October 14, 15 and 16th Dave
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 03:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpirebob71 View Post
High school softball is played in the fall in Nebraska?
You will find this to be true in other states as well. I know that OK and GA play in the fall, and probably some others.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 07:09pm
Official Forum Member

I have lived in Nebraska for my whole life of 50 years. Same town also. Fall here is much better weather than Spring weather. I do college ball in the spring and the temps can be real cold in March. Also rainy much of the time. During our Fall season, high temps in the 90's, dropping down to the 50's at night. Toward the end it can be somewhat cooler, maybe highs in the 50's around state tourney time. I love the Fall. Dave
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skahtboi View Post
You will find this to be true in other states as well. I know that OK and GA play in the fall, and probably some others.
Yeah, you other states don't know what you're doing!!!!
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Any season, let's just umpire in Hawaii.
Old Wed Aug 19, 2009, 08:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
They seem about normal to me, maybe a little narrow but not much, but in my regular tennis shoes I usually get the wider version so I guess I wouldn't be the best judge of that. I really need to get on the field for the true test.

Yes, HS softball is played in the Fall in Nebraska. Starts August 27th (I guess that is still Summer) and the State tourney is October 14, 15 and 16th Dave
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to return mine. I've tried wearing them around the house for 5 minutes, and they're just way too tight for me. I must have fat feet or something, but I've always worn the same size as the pair of 3N2s that I bought.

Hopefully, ASA will take them back, even though it's been about a month or month and a half (only wore them around the house twice for 5 minutes).

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Old Mon Aug 24, 2009, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Just called Official Gear, and despite the fact that I ordered the 3N2s on July 8, they'll take them back. I only wore them twice around the house on the carpet for a total of about 10 minutes, and I never wore them outside. They're spotless.

Great service, guys. Really!

Old Sat Aug 29, 2009, 08:09pm
Official Forum Member

Got to use my 3N2 shoes today. Absolutely love them. Very comfortable and great traction for stopping and starting. Can't really figure out the flap that goes over the shoe strings. Velcro on the back with slots to put shoe strings through. The way I had them, the flap kept pushing up and came on the outside of my pants. I didn't take the time to figure the right way, so I just easily unvelcroed (is that a word??) them and removed them. I would surely recommend them to anyone. Got mine for $49.98 plus $12.98 s&h Dave
Old Sun Aug 30, 2009, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Got to use my 3N2 shoes today. Absolutely love them. Very comfortable and great traction for stopping and starting. Can't really figure out the flap that goes over the shoe strings. Velcro on the back with slots to put shoe strings through. The way I had them, the flap kept pushing up and came on the outside of my pants. I didn't take the time to figure the right way, so I just easily unvelcroed (is that a word??) them and removed them. I would surely recommend them to anyone. Got mine for $49.98 plus $12.98 s&h Dave
I pulled the flaps off of mine, too. Everyone I know who has them has pulled the flap off - or as in the case with one of Mike's deputies, has had the flap pulled off for them.