The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 27, 2009, 03:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVA2000 View Post
It's my understanding from talking with the Canadian coaches this past weekend that the high schools in Canada do not have softball teams.
Don't tell Alisha.

2008 Claude Deschamps Memorial Award Recipients

Alisha Sherwood is a first year Sports and Exercise Psychology student at the University of New Brunswick – Saint John, and is a 2008 graduate of Simonds High School in Saint John, NB. She was named Most Valuable Player of her high school softball team three times, and recently represented New Brunswick at the Canadian Midget Girls Fast Pitch Championships in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. She is also part of New Brunswick’s Canada Games softball program
Old Wed May 27, 2009, 09:08pm
Ref Ump Welsch

We have 3 girls from Canada playing on our softball team at Iowa Western Community College. Their info from the softball team's website states the following for HS or Secondary school: 1 HS, 1 Secondary School, and 1 doesn't mention which, just the name of the school. Of course, we have a "high" number of girls from Canada because our head coach is a former Canadian National Team player and coach.
Old Thu May 28, 2009, 09:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Don't tell Alisha.

2008 Claude Deschamps Memorial Award Recipients

Alisha Sherwood is a first year Sports and Exercise Psychology student at the University of New Brunswick – Saint John, and is a 2008 graduate of Simonds High School in Saint John, NB. She was named Most Valuable Player of her high school softball team three times, and recently represented New Brunswick at the Canadian Midget Girls Fast Pitch Championships in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. She is also part of New Brunswick’s Canada Games softball program
There ya go......certainly not the first time I've been misinformed by a coach.
Old Fri May 29, 2009, 08:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelVA2000 View Post
It's my understanding from talking with the Canadian coaches this past weekend that the high schools in Canada do not have softball teams.
I mean it was totally figurative but I dont doubt it ... by the time the season would start ... they would only have 2 feet of ice to dig through to get to the field....soooooo yeah

For all those who don't know ... Ed Hickox is the MAN

NFHS NCAA PONY ASA ISC USSSA