The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat May 23, 2009, 08:17pm
Official Forum Member

question about bats

I was told that after 2010 all composite bats will be banned from highschool softball today, and I was wondering if there was any truth to this. Before I go and spend $300 for a composite bat I want to be sure I'm not wasting my money. This may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to know if it was true.
Old Sat May 23, 2009, 08:29pm
Official Forum Member

You can guess, we can all guess. There is no specific agreement between ASA and the bat manufacturers to ban composite or any other type of bat which meets current standards.

In fact, the exact opposite is true. ASA is working with ball specifications to develop a softball that the hotter bats can't affect.
Old Sat May 23, 2009, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by softballdad View Post
I was told that after 2010 all composite bats will be banned from highschool softball today, and I was wondering if there was any truth to this. Before I go and spend $300 for a composite bat I want to be sure I'm not wasting my money. This may be a stupid question, but I just wanted to know if it was true.
Someone is blowing smoke up your shorts. The same "rumor" has made the rounds the last couple of years.

As already noted, there is a ball already being "tested" in certain areas of the country. From what I have heard, there are some pretty positive results being reported including less severe injuries when hit by a ball (someplace other than the head).