The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Apr 04, 2009, 10:48pm
Official Forum Member

Does anybody wear Elbeco anymore?

No, of course not. So what do I do with these brand new shirts?

I was cleaning out the basement of an olds sports shop today and came across 13 new shirts, still in plastic wrap in the original Elbeco boxes. So you don’t go on the field with them, but they are still good shirts, aren’t they? They must still have some purpose in life. I have 3-sm, 3-md, 6- lg, and 1 xl. Any offers?

How ‘bout a set of navy pants and shorts with a Red Fox Athletic Wear label. Made by Capital Industries, Desoto TX (probably now defunct). Stretch waist, large belt loops, 2 snap buttons and zipper, western cut pockets. Size Small.

Maybe a soft (75% poly, 25% cotton inside for wicking) 4 button pullover shirt, light blue, with the old ASA Umpire on Diamond logo above the button pocket. Size Small.

A 6-button navy jacket, nylon shell with fleece lining, also with the old style ASA Diamond logo. Champion brand. Again size small.

Black V-neck 100% acrylic sweater. Label reads Texas American, Wolfe City, TX. (probably also defunct). Size Large.

7- black umpire bags; Markwort UBB1 (still a current product). Plain bag, no pockets.

9-gray umpire bags; Markwort UBB2 (still a current product). Has indicator and brush pockets on the outside. They are not heather-gray; much darker and more reddish. Not sure if they are viable anymore.

Any lady basketball officials reading this? I have two Cliff Keen black ‘n white stripe shirts, 100% poly; one medium, one large.

This was donated to our local youth BB/SB league so I would like to turn a buck or two for our program. If interested, email me and make an offer. Money back (less shipping) if not satisfied.

WMB

[email protected]
Old Sat Apr 04, 2009, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

don't forget to check at the post office...may be one or two still wearing them there
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 12:34am
Official Forum Member

A couple of years ago I saw a brand-new, in the wrapper Elbeco shirt on eBay and picked it up for a couple of bucks. I'll break it out a couple of times a year when working solo in a local league game- if it isn't a very hot day.

It actually doesn't look so bad on the field, but those suckers are a pain in the rear to iron!
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 07:49am
Official Forum Member

I've still got my old Elbeco shirt hanging in the closet. Just for laughs and trips down amnesia lane.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Check with the National Office.

They used to collect them and send to umpires in imporverished countries who couldn't afford them. I did that with mine.
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 02:43pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
I've still got my old Elbeco shirt hanging in the closet. Just for laughs and trips down amnesia lane.
Hmmmmm....
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 09:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp View Post
I thought I had a few but I forgot.
Old Sun Apr 05, 2009, 10:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeputyUICHousto View Post
They used to collect them and send to umpires in imporverished countries who couldn't afford them. I did that with mine.
ChampaignBlue, did you get the one he sent?

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Mon Apr 06, 2009, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
I have a few around here somewhere, which I would wear if doing SP by myself, but they kept getting smaller and no more SP.
Old Tue Apr 07, 2009, 11:21am
Archaic Power Monger

I have a couple of ASA Elbeco shirts that have never been worn in a game. I was told to buy them by my UIC when first starting out doing softball and then found out just before the season that "We're switching to the pull overs." D'oh!
Old Tue Apr 07, 2009, 12:13pm
#thereferee99

Picked up two on eBay last year.

Stylin'. Just stylin'.
Old Tue Apr 07, 2009, 12:37pm
Ref Ump Welsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I have a couple of ASA Elbeco shirts that have never been worn in a game. I was told to buy them by my UIC when first starting out doing softball and then found out just before the season that "We're switching to the pull overs." D'oh!
Give them to your UIC and tell him the next wedding he has to go to, to wear that under the sports jacket.
Old Tue Apr 07, 2009, 01:25pm
Archaic Power Monger

Forget that, I'll wear them myself. With the collar on the outside of course. My wife will kill me!
Old Tue Apr 07, 2009, 10:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
Forget that, I'll wear them myself. With the collar on the outside of course. My wife will kill me!
A National League guy, I see.
Old Thu Apr 09, 2009, 04:13am
Official Forum Member

I enticed two veteran umpires, one of whom some of you know, to wear Elbecos for their game together on Tuesday...and they said they were gonna do it. I don't have confirmation, but they would both do it just to do it. (Just guessing, it was the best umpired game these teams will have all year.)