The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 02:38pm
Official Forum Member

CWS ESPN Talking Heads

Did you know there are "three strike zones" in a given ballgame? According to Michelle Smith,there is the batters strike zone,the pitchers strike zone and the umpires strike zone. Any guess which one is the only one that matters??
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 03:36pm
Archaic Power Monger

That depends. Is either the pitcher or batter "only a freshman"?
Old Sun Jun 01, 2008, 05:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo99
Any guess which one is the only one that matters??
Mine!
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 11:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo99
Did you know there are "three strike zones" in a given ballgame? According to Michelle Smith,there is the batters strike zone,the pitchers strike zone and the umpires strike zone. Any guess which one is the only one that matters??
She had another great pearl of wisdom on a play where there was a pop up near the 1st base dugout (don't remember the teams). F3 pulled up at the last second. The ball hit screen and landed foul. DC wanted INT on the on deck batter who was in the ODC but was about 3 feet away from F3 when she pulled up. Of course HP didn't give the INT but during the replays Michelle Smith says (paraphrased) that the ODB should never leave the ODC in that situation as that is "her" area and that the fielder has to go around the ODB if she wants to make a catch. UNBELIEVABLE.
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtwsd
She had another great pearl of wisdom on a play where there was a pop up near the 1st base dugout (don't remember the teams). F3 pulled up at the last second. The ball hit screen and landed foul. DC wanted INT on the on deck batter who was in the ODC but was about 3 feet away from F3 when she pulled up. Of course HP didn't give the INT but during the replays Michelle Smith says (paraphrased) that the ODB should never leave the ODC in that situation as that is "her" area and that the fielder has to go around the ODB if she wants to make a catch. UNBELIEVABLE.
Michelle smith should stick to pitching and stop trying to commentate .... she is almost as bad as bryant gumble in NFL football games... maybe worse.. imagine if those two tried to work a game together.... pergatory comes to mind
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

What about all of the FOUL TIPS that went to the screen.

Did anyone else think the triple hit down the 1st base line in the FLA/A&M game was foul?
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etn_ump
Yes, but they were sharp and directly to the screen
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 02:21pm
Official Forum Member

I will say I noticed one time when NOBODY said a word in the commentator area. Forget which game, but a foul ball went sharply and directly to the catchers....groin area. F2 stands up shakes off mitt and is trying to walk it off. Michelle says "Looks like the catcher took another shot" Baseball guy says "I think that one got her in the leg" as they are starting the slow motion replay Michelle says "Catchers really are the unsung heros" about as she finished that statement the ball goes sharply and directly to the catcher.....not ONE word was spoken by anyone till AFTER the next pitch was fouled off.....several seconds of dead air.....if they were like me they were probably still trying to catch their breathe after seeing that shot in slow motion.....that had to hurt, even a female.....OUCH
Old Mon Jun 02, 2008, 02:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED
I will say I noticed one time when NOBODY said a word in the commentator area. Forget which game, but a foul ball went sharply and directly to the catchers....groin area. F2 stands up shakes off mitt and is trying to walk it off. Michelle says "Looks like the catcher took another shot" Baseball guy says "I think that one got her in the leg" as they are starting the slow motion replay Michelle says "Catchers really are the unsung heros" about as she finished that statement the ball goes sharply and directly to the catcher.....not ONE word was spoken by anyone till AFTER the next pitch was fouled off.....several seconds of dead air.....if they were like me they were probably still trying to catch their breathe after seeing that shot in slow motion.....that had to hurt, even a female.....OUCH

Yah...saw that.....I was a little breathless also....
Old Tue Jun 03, 2008, 12:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Did anyone else think the triple hit down the 1st base line in the FLA/A&M game was foul?
Well, it depends on where the player/glove is, NOT the ball?
Old Tue Jun 03, 2008, 10:48am
Never Stop Learning

Quote:

The U1 sure did. She nonchalantly watched the ball go into the outfield, then turned back towards home and realized the PU had called it fair. Then hustled home for coverage.
Old Tue Jun 03, 2008, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Yeppers, sure looked foul all the way.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.