The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun May 25, 2008, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CecilOne
Saw the play and watched each replay plus a couple of my own DVR replays. No one watching on TV could see the runner before her last step when the fielder already was "about to receive". If the runner was impeded before being on camera, good call. If not, the umpire is human.
Well, I thought the shot from the LF line clearly showed the runner moving to the right when she saw where the catcher was setting up.

Like I said, I did not expect an OBS call to be made in this circumstance.
Old Sun May 25, 2008, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Well, I thought the shot from the LF line clearly showed the runner moving to the right when she saw where the catcher was setting up.

Like I said, I did not expect an OBS call to be made in this circumstance.
I was referring to the play at 2nd:
"Other was a throw from cather (OU) to 2B where R1 (AZ) was caught sleeping getting back to 2B. Threw her out. U1 called OBS and awarded her 2B. IMO, granted I see crimson and creme, thought the runner had a clear lane back to the bag as 2B was straddling bag. Thought it shouldn't have been called"

and I thought gm was also:
"Originally Posted by greymule
Saw the game but didn't see that particular play. Doesn't sound like OBS to me, either. Even under ASA's stricter rule, if the runner didn't slow down or alter her stride or have to avoid, there's no OBS. From the description, it's hard to believe this qualified under NCAA rules."
Old Sun May 25, 2008, 11:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I was referring to the play at 2nd:
"Other was a throw from cather (OU) to 2B where R1 (AZ) was caught sleeping getting back to 2B. Threw her out. U1 called OBS and awarded her 2B. IMO, granted I see crimson and creme, thought the runner had a clear lane back to the bag as 2B was straddling bag. Thought it shouldn't have been called"

and I thought gm was also:
"Originally Posted by greymule
Saw the game but didn't see that particular play. Doesn't sound like OBS to me, either. Even under ASA's stricter rule, if the runner didn't slow down or alter her stride or have to avoid, there's no OBS. From the description, it's hard to believe this qualified under NCAA rules."
And that's what happens when posts do not have proper citations.
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
And that's what happens when posts do not have proper citations.
My post:
"Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule
Saw the game but didn't see that particular play. Doesn't sound like OBS to me, either. Even under ASA's stricter rule, if the runner didn't slow down or alter her stride or have to avoid, there's no OBS. From the description, it's hard to believe this qualified under NCAA rules.

Saw the play and watched each replay plus a couple of my own DVR replays. No one watching on TV could see the runner before her last step when the fielder already was "about to receive". If the runner was impeded before being on camera, good call. If not, the umpire is human
."

gm's post was before your tangent to another play, responding to the OP
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 09:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My post:
"Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule
Saw the game but didn't see that particular play. Doesn't sound like OBS to me, either. Even under ASA's stricter rule, if the runner didn't slow down or alter her stride or have to avoid, there's no OBS. From the description, it's hard to believe this qualified under NCAA rules.

Saw the play and watched each replay plus a couple of my own DVR replays. No one watching on TV could see the runner before her last step when the fielder already was "about to receive". If the runner was impeded before being on camera, good call. If not, the umpire is human."

gm's post was before your tangent to another play, responding to the OP
And HE did not cite the post to which he was referring, nor did the post prior to his by Shipwreck (Dave).
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

Did not...

Did too...

Did not...

Did too...

Did not...

Did too...

Did not...

Did too...

Did not...

Did too...

Old Mon May 26, 2008, 06:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Did not...

Did too...

Point taken.
Old Tue May 27, 2008, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to argodad
Quote:
Good interference call on OU. Hit and run and the batter clearly stepped out of the box. Catcher played the part and the umpire made the call.

Talking head is making an excuse saying it wasn't intentional. Idiot.
I had the outside speakers on while I was in the swimming pool (weather was too nice to be inside). I was yelling (at no one), "It doesn't have to be intentional!" Once again, my neighbors wonder about my sanity.
Old Tue May 27, 2008, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by argodad
I had the outside speakers on while I was in the swimming pool (weather was too nice to be inside). I was yelling (at no one), "It doesn't have to be intentional!" Once again, my neighbors wonder about my sanity.
No. They don't WONDER about it.......

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.