The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Base shoes?

I have just found out that I do not just have a sore left heel...I have Plantar fasciitis (It hurts even more with a name on it!)

I have usually gone with New Balance Low Cut base shoes. I would like any recommendations that anyone has out there. I have some very good inserts now, and they seem to help. I would like a high top base shoe but I have not seen one yet-except for the New Balance with that stupid Gray logo that looks like it would get dirty and look like crap after one game.

Joe in Missouri
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 10:53am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
I have just found out that I do not just have a sore left heel...I have Plantar fasciitis (It hurts even more with a name on it!)

I have usually gone with New Balance Low Cut base shoes. I would like any recommendations that anyone has out there. I have some very good inserts now, and they seem to help. I would like a high top base shoe but I have not seen one yet-except for the New Balance with that stupid Gray logo that looks like it would get dirty and look like crap after one game.

Joe in Missouri
You can take that N of with rubbing alcohol and a qtip and then polish it up to a high gloss
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Really? That would be great. Have you done this yourself?

That is the shoe that I would like. I tried it on, it is very comfortable having the high top support.

Thanks,

Joe
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 11:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn
Really? That would be great. Have you done this yourself?

That is the shoe that I would like. I tried it on, it is very comfortable having the high top support.

Thanks,

Joe
Yes I have the plate shoes ... it takes a little elbow grease and may not be able to be done all in one sitting but I did that with the plate shoes and put three coats of wax polish on it and it looks like the factory did it. People have been asking me if New Balance has finally come out with it .. I just smile
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Tanel base shoes are wonderful, IMO. I have inserts too and the shoes are light and comfortable give good support, but check local feet
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 01:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED
Tanel base shoes are wonderful, IMO. I have inserts too and the shoes are light and comfortable give good support, but check local feet
Unlike their plate shoes, the base shoes have a synthetic (not leather) upper. Any issues with polishing, sweating, etc?
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Not as of yet, second season. I did cheat and use leather luster on them! I put just enough that when wiped down they look like they just had a nice polishing, but they don't have that high gloss fake look like patent leather...they clean up nice and trust me I have sweat plenty in them without issue
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Not as of yet, second season. I did cheat and use leather luster on them! I put just enough that when wiped down they look like they just had a nice polishing, but they don't have that high gloss fake look like patent leather...they clean up nice and trust me I have sweat plenty in them without issue
Uhhh.......I think that was the question, whether you sweat or not. Synthetics and leather treated with Leather Luster don't breath like leather, thus causing some to sweat where they normally would not if the shoe were made of leather.
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 03:28pm
Official Forum Member

Ya I knew that was coming when i put leather luster in my post....Tanel shoes have holes in the toe area for ventilation and I didnt' put it on heavy enough to clog them up!
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 07:31pm
Official Forum Member

I developed plantar fasciitis in my 30's a decade ago and had chronic arch & heel pain in my feet until I went to a podiatrist and paid $400 for a pair of custom orthotics (they are never covered by insurance). They changed my life and I'm now pain free. I also wear the NB field shoes, as the wide width best accomodates the orthotics. I found wide Honigs plain black plate shoes on their site which serve that purpose, but I think they've come out with a new design since I bought those three years ago. Good luck.
Old Fri May 23, 2008, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Ya I knew that was coming when i put leather luster in my post....Tanel shoes have holes in the toe area for ventilation and I didnt' put it on heavy enough to clog them up!
Cannot help it, grew up in a leather tannery.
Old Mon Jul 27, 2009, 04:04pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 7in60
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveASA/FED View Post
Anyone interested in a pair of these in size 10.5?
Old Mon Jul 27, 2009, 07:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7in60 View Post
Anyone interested in a pair of these in size 10.5?
I couldn't give my Tanel's away! They were horrible shoes. I would not recommend them to anyone. They blistered my feet horribly. Called Tanel who said customer satisfaction guaranteed. They told me I needed a 1/2 size larger. They said they would sell me another pair at $10 off!!!! Wouldn't give me a free pair. I told them to shove it!
Old Mon Jul 27, 2009, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwashburn View Post

Joe in Missouri
I also had plantar fasciitus. I went in and had cortizone shots but that only helped for a while. I could have paid $400.00 for custom made orthotics but decided to try some Spenco arch supports instead and paid only about $19.00 for them. In within 1 week my symptoms were gone and I was pain free. No problems or any pain for the past 5 years. I do have high arches and would recommend them to anyone. Dave
Old Sat Aug 01, 2009, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Skype™ to 7in60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dholloway1962 View Post
I couldn't give my Tanel's away! They were horrible shoes. I would not recommend them to anyone. They blistered my feet horribly. Called Tanel who said customer satisfaction guaranteed. They told me I needed a 1/2 size larger. They said they would sell me another pair at $10 off!!!! Wouldn't give me a free pair. I told them to shove it!
Psst! This is not going to help my sale!

I don't think causing blisters is universal since every pair of feet are different.

My feet pronate inwards and these shoes do not counter that. Too bad because they are beautiful shoes. Right now I am wearing Reebok cross trainers and they keep my feet level.