The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 09:08pm
Official Forum Member

How exactly do you forget the Uniform Section 2 years in a row?

I'll give ASA credit, this years book is probably the purtiest there has been... but I got my book and went looking to see if indeed, the rumor was true, I would be required to buy ASA pants (I prefer Honigs)... either I'm blind or they forgot that again.

Lame.

Credit where due though, no significant changes of note.. that is awesome (which we already knew thanks to mike!)

Last edited by wadeintothem; Sat Feb 09, 2008 at 09:42pm.
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 11:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
I'll give ASA credit, this years book is probably the purtiest there has been... but I got my book and went looking to see if indeed, the rumor was true, I would be required to buy ASA pants (I prefer Honigs)... either I'm blind or they forgot that again.

Lame.

Credit where due though, no significant changes of note.. that is awesome (which we already knew thanks to mike!)
The uniform is on Page 93.

I had made a request of a member of the NUS to delay the requirement that pants be purchased from ASA merchandise for championship play for one year. Didn't go over well.

Personally, I'd rather just go back to one uniform. That pipe dream being stated, I don't think you are going to see this in the rule book.
Old Sat Feb 09, 2008, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
The uniform is on Page 93.

I had made a request of a member of the NUS to delay the requirement that pants be purchased from ASA merchandise for championship play for one year. Didn't go over well.

Personally, I'd rather just go back to one uniform. That pipe dream being stated, I don't think you are going to see this in the rule book.
Thanks! In addition to dumb, I am blind!

Me too, I think we should all go to the gray pants and light blue shirt as the only uniform.

Is your thinking that they will put out a supplemental prior to nationals that we need to all have ASA pants? If so, I'll just go ahead and order them and get it over with...
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 02:17am
Official Forum Member

Might be asking way to much.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 03:06am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Thanks! In addition to dumb, I am blind!

Me too, I think we should all go to the gray pants and light blue shirt as the only uniform.

Is your thinking that they will put out a supplemental prior to nationals that we need to all have ASA pants? If so, I'll just go ahead and order them and get it over with...
It's right here along with a note concerning the insurance information raised earlier.

http://www.asasoftball.com/umpires/c...s_2008_feb.asp
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It's right here along with a note concerning the insurance information raised earlier.

http://www.asasoftball.com/umpires/c...s_2008_feb.asp

ok, guess its time to go shopping.. blah... thanks for the help.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
You can also expect that it will be part of the Nationals letter, which has annually stated the "Official" shirt, hat, jacket, and ball bag, while simply stating the acceptable color pants, and leaving it to the tournament UIC to define which, if not all, uniforms will be worn. It will almost certainly be echoed in both the National Letter in your packet, as well as the UIC letter.

Remember that this requirement is only for National Championships (although it could be part of Qualifiers, State or Regional tournaments, if the Commissioners or UIC decide). It wouldn't likely be a rulebook statement, unless ASA decided to add a logo or the ASA lettering to the pants.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlUmpSteve
It wouldn't likely be a rulebook statement, unless ASA decided to add a logo or the ASA lettering to the pants.
Hey, YO! Would you please keep ideas like that to yourself? It has been shown that members of the hierchy ocassionally scan this site and some may actually think that is not only a good idea, but a great one! Sort of like marketing footwear which has a design contrary to ASA's uniform policy.
Old Sun Feb 10, 2008, 11:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Hey, YO! Would you please keep ideas like that to yourself? It has been shown that members of the hierchy ocassionally scan this site and some may actually think that is not only a good idea, but a great one! Sort of like marketing footwear which has a design contrary to ASA's uniform policy.
You know, there are a couple of spaces where ASA has yet to place an ASA logo... I'm thinking an ASA logo on our rear pants pocket would look great.

Someone watching us lamely clean the pitchers plate could forget, if only for a brief second, that we are ASA umpires.. and that could help with that potential advertising problem.