The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Sep 05, 2007, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

sometimes it's hard not to laugh

One of my partners ejected a player this weekend - in a men's tournament. My partner is vertically challenged. I'm not sure whether the ejection was for the F-bomb or the word/name "Tattoo" that immediately followed it. I managed not to laugh on the field, but lost it once we got into the dressing room.

And I lost it again later on, while with our vertically challenged uic over a few cold ones.

Last edited by Steve M; Wed Sep 05, 2007 at 10:33am.
Old Wed Sep 05, 2007, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M
One of my partners ejected a player this weekend - in a men's tournament. My partner is vertically challenged. I'm not sure whether the ejection was for the F-bomb or the word/name "Tattoo" that immediately followed it. I managed not to laugh on the field, but lost it once we got into the dressing room.

And I lost it again later on, while with our vertically challenged uic over a few cold ones.

The Mrs is barely 5'. Many of our group recall the 6' + coach who kept chirping during one of her games. She caught him on his bucket, and remembering the sight is still amusing. With the coach seated, the Mrs was now a few inches taller than he, so she leaned over and began to correct him just as she would one of the pre-schoolers she babysits. I didn't hear what was said, but the coach had a look on his face as if his mom had caught him with a girlie magazine or something! It was priceless! Nothing more from the coaches, and they all stayed for the rest of the game!

Several others saw this, and we still chuckle today!
Old Wed Sep 05, 2007, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEL
The Mrs is barely 5'. Many of our group recall the 6' + coach who kept chirping during one of her games. She caught him on his bucket, and remembering the sight is still amusing. With the coach seated, the Mrs was now a few inches taller than he, so she leaned over and began to correct him just as she would one of the pre-schoolers she babysits. I didn't hear what was said, but the coach had a look on his face as if his mom had caught him with a girlie magazine or something! It was priceless! Nothing more from the coaches, and they all stayed for the rest of the game!

Several others saw this, and we still chuckle today!
I'm 6' tall, and my wife is 5'. I wouldn't mess with her. She's feisty!

Not to mention the fact that she's actually a pretty good shot with a rifle at 100 yards, open sights.

Ahhh... I found the woman of my dreams.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Thu Sep 06, 2007, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

Did a mens SP game last night, working solo (normal), nobody on, sharp grounder to SS, fires to F3 who catches ball but is then pulled off the bag. I had moved out in front of the plate, maybe 5-6 ft and made the out call. The BR's teammate in the 1st base side bench then yells to me "You cant make that call from there". I just laughed and walked back for the next at bat. The yelling player then sheepishly apologizes, as he is now on deck, saying he didnt want me to call against him during his at bat. (now that pissed me off, but I ignored him).......
Old Thu Sep 06, 2007, 02:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by archangel
Did a mens SP game last night, working solo (normal), nobody on, sharp grounder to SS, fires to F3 who catches ball but is then pulled off the bag. I had moved out in front of the plate, maybe 5-6 ft and made the out call. The BR's teammate in the 1st base side bench then yells to me "You cant make that call from there". I just laughed and walked back for the next at bat. The yelling player then sheepishly apologizes, as he is now on deck, saying he didnt want me to call against him during his at bat. (now that pissed me off, but I ignored him).......
When their team goes on defense, you know you'll hear "awwwe, c'mon, blue! Ring'm up!" from the outfield.

I'd be half-tempted to say back, "you can't make that call from there, either!"

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Thu Sep 06, 2007, 02:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
Not to mention the fact that she's actually a pretty good shot with a rifle at 100 yards, open sights.

Ahhh... I found the woman of my dreams.
My woman is from the country, and I am from the city. She knows how to shoot very, very well. She told me if she ever caught me cheating she would shoot me. Not to kill me though, but to maim me below belt if you know what I mean......