The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

Talking PETA defeats Organized Crime!

Anyone else notice that once the Vick dog fighting charges hit the headlines, nobody cares about corrupt NBA officials anymore?
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Dakota, you should know by now that animals trump people in the world of what's important. Ten million Africans die of malaria? Gee, that's too bad. Hey, some lady was wearing a mink coat. Let's hold a candlelight vigil!

Question: Why do the activists who make a big deal about wearing fur not do the same about leather?

As far as the NBA goes, I was once a big fan who lived and died with the Knicks. But today, if you gave me a courtside ticket to the playoff finals and the game was across the street, I'd hawk the ticket and return home to watch college softball on TV. Now I was never much of a basketball player, but even the guys I know whose main sport was basketball feel the same way. (They love college BB, though.)
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Anyone else notice that once the Vick dog fighting charges hit the headlines, nobody cares about corrupt NBA officials anymore?
Did you notice that one of the indicted copped a plea for cooperation?

Oops! The Falcons might need to start looking for another QB.
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 11:34am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymule
Dakota, you should know by now that animals trump people in the world of what's important. Ten million Africans die of malaria? Gee, that's too bad. Hey, some lady was wearing a mink coat. Let's hold a candlelight vigil!

Question: Why do the activists who make a big deal about wearing fur not do the same about leather?

As far as the NBA goes, I was once a big fan who lived and died with the Knicks. But today, if you gave me a courtside ticket to the playoff finals and the game was across the street, I'd hawk the ticket and return home to watch college softball on TV. Now I was never much of a basketball player, but even the guys I know whose main sport was basketball feel the same way. (They love college BB, though.)

I LOVE animals..(partucularly dogs), but I cant agree more with your first paragraph......
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 12:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Don't know, don't care. Even if PETA eventually gets its nipples in a twist over leather (and you know they will), I'll continue to wear my black leather jacket, hippies be damned.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 12:11pm
Official Forum Member

I LOVE animals..(partucularly dogs)

I'm a dog lover myself, and certainly don't like what Vick was into. If my dog got run over by a car, I'd be devastated. Even a dog that wasn't mine, I'd feel bad. On the other hand, when I read that a couple of gang bangers got blown away in yet another Trenton drive-by, I don't lose a wink of sleep.

I'm not saying that's right, but it's the truth.
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Dakota, you should know by now that animals trump people in the world of what's important. Ten million Africans die of malaria? Gee, that's too bad. Hey, some lady was wearing a mink coat. Let's hold a candlelight vigil!...
There are so many domestic abusers starting in the NFL you lose track of it, yet, that great humanitarian Drew Carey said (on one of the late night talk shows - Letterman, I think) that if Vick plays in the NFL this year, he won't watch a single NFL game. Much audience applause followed.

Cruelty to dogs is more outrageous than wife/girlfriend beating to people with this PETA mindset and to the lemmings in the public who follow along.
Old Mon Jul 30, 2007, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by azbigdawg
I LOVE animals..
Thought for sure that he next line was going to be...

Especially medium-rare with a side order of fries!

Last edited by BretMan; Tue Jul 31, 2007 at 10:58am.
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 12:16am
Official Forum Member

I'm a member of the other "PETA". People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. I remember a few years ago, the other PETA were protesting something or other on the state capital lawn and the members of the North Dakota Beef Growers Association were there grilling hamburgers and handing them out to anyone that wanted one. It was one of the funniest things I have ever witnesses.
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 03:56am
Official Forum Member

If I kick my dog because it quits barking on pitches I think are strikes, does that mean I'm going to be Mr. Vick's cellmate?
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 06:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbjones
If I kick my dog because it quits barking on pitches I think are strikes, does that mean I'm going to be Mr. Vick's cellmate?
If you need the dog with you to umpire, how would you know the dog was wrong?
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Maybe it's a seeing-eye dog.

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 07:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CelticNHBlue
There's a battle brewin'

Two of my favorite groups are about to step into the ring and go head to head:

NAACP v PETA

This could get interesting. Some questions:

If some of the dogs that Vick allegedly abused/killed were black, will the NAACP back down in their defense of Vick?

Will PETA ask for the death penalty? Equal treatment to Vick in retribution for his treatment of the animals? Or just throw blood on him in the public square?

If Vick turns out to be a vegetarian, will PETA turn the other cheek?

How long before the NAACP blames The Man for Vick's actions?

How much of my tax dollar will support each side in this pathetic endeavor?

I would also like to extend a welcome to anyone who would like to join an association of which I am proud to be a memeber; POOP . That's right, People Offended by Offended People. Since I am sure that someone will take offense to something regarding this post or at least something in regards to this topic, I will pre-emptively take offense to your offense taking.
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 08:43am
Official Forum Member

In my one-man FP games, I often tether my Yorkie to the chain link fence behind 1B. He's very friendly, and the park is full of kids who play with him and take him for walks.

But when somebody asks to "appeal" a checked swing, I simply point to Hux ask, "Did she go?" If he barks, the batter offered. No bark means the batter held up. Never had an argument.

Hux is not as useful for rule interpretations, though.
Old Tue Jul 31, 2007, 12:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
Maybe it's a seeing-eye dog.
Well, that is sort of my point.