The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Thu Jun 14, 2007, 02:14pm
Official Forum Member

Foreign substance IP repeated...

Two decent 16U teams last night. League double-header. One pitcher has a habit of licking her fingers 1, 2, even 3 times between pitches. She always wipes her hand before going to the ball. However, in the 4th inning (very hot and dry conditions) she starts not wiping. The first time, I notice but don't call it - figure it must be an oversight or something. The next time (2 pitches or so later) I do call it, and advance the runner from 1B to 2B. She and her coach want an explanation, so I give one, no problem.

Runner advances to 3rd on a wild pitch / passed ball. F1 again goes directly from mouth to ball, almost quickly like she is trying to hide it or something. I call it again, and advance the runner home. She stops doing it.

Long story to get to this point: ASA 6-6-A EFFECT says this:
Quote:
EFFECT: An illegal pitch shall be called on the first offense. If any defensive player continues to place a foreign substance on the ball, the player should be ejected from the ball game.
Would any of you have ejected this F1?