The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 26, 2001, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

I personally like the Honigs K-1 chest protector if you are also doing baseball.

http://www.honigs.com/catalog/baseball/page8.html

Joel

Old Sat Dec 29, 2001, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Doug,
A while ago, you were asking about chapter discounts from Gerry Davis. In today's mail, I got the 200 baseball/softball catalog from Davis - if you've bought there previously, you should be getting one, too. When you get your catalog, look on the back cover - at the top is a description of Davi' "Association Buying Plan".
Old Sat Dec 29, 2001, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Yeah, i looked, the central wisconsin isn't there. I called and no association near me is enrolled in one. I bought my stuff from lesters sports, and got the same stuff that was at honigs and gerry davis for LOTS cheaper, it wound up costing around 200 something and i got a throat protector and ordered myself a bb jersey, 3 nooses, and a whistle, and still saved 40 bucks by shopping there, thanks for the help.

Doug
Old Sun Dec 30, 2001, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

My $.02

Whenever possible, I usually stick with ASA when ordering. Our association is registered ASA, we have an equipment manager to handle the State (after all, Delaware is small). We receive a 10% discount, do not pay for shipping (the order is shipped to the manager), and the State/Metro does get a return on equipment purchased. This money is often returned to the Umpire's Council and used for expenses involving refreshments for umpires working State and Regionals. Also, it helps with expenses involving training. In Delaware, there is never a charge for a clinic. The only training for which there is a fee is the Umpire's School which pays for the schools shirts and any guest instructor which may attend.

Even when ordering direct, I do not get the discount or free shipping, but I get the equipment a lot sooner and the State still gets credit for the purchase.

Be forewarned, ASA does not provide credit. If you order the equipment, you pay up front. If you don't like it, it is returnable.

Mike
Old Fri Jan 04, 2002, 02:52pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Elaine Send a message via Yahoo to Elaine
Smile

I, like Mike, order all my uniform and equiptment needs through our local ASA uniform guy. The kickback that Metro
Atlanta gets goes into the travel fund for out of host area tournaments.
I have used the 'UMP' chest protector for the past 3 years after using an Allstar for about 12 years. I love the 'UMP"
because it's lightweight, offers great protection and keeps me cooler. I use Allstar double knee shin guards and a light weight mask.
Georgia High School NFHS (retired)
Mom of former Travel Player
National Indicator Fraternity 1995
Old Sun Jan 06, 2002, 03:09am
Official Forum Member

Elaine:

If you like their chest protector, give their shinguards a try the next time you need a pair. I swear by mine.

Scott