The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Pitching Coach Location

NFHS and ASA. At some fields, the dugout openings and fence situations are such that the pitching coaches cannot set up close enough to their catchers to call pitches. Some pitching coaches will leave the dugout and set up outside of the screen between the backstop and the dugout and call pitches through the screen. Do you allow this?
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Seam
NFHS and ASA. At some fields, the dugout openings and fence situations are such that the pitching coaches cannot set up close enough to their catchers to call pitches. Some pitching coaches will leave the dugout and set up outside of the screen between the backstop and the dugout and call pitches through the screen. Do you allow this?
Not all fields are configured the same, so I'm thinking you are referring to the fence which extends from the backstop to the dugout.

As long as the coach is in DBT, that's fine by me as long as it is is just outside the dugout. No big deal unless s/he starts running at the mouth about pitches, then it's in the dugout and I don't really care if the coach cannot communicate the signals from there, not my problem.
Old Fri Apr 20, 2007, 07:05pm
Official Forum Member

Shhhhh!

I'm with Mike. Let him be, as long as he doesn't get too far from the dugout or behind the plate. But, the first word I hear from him...He's back in the dugout.