The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Another pool?

Dakota seems to be closing on 4K now... (Posts: 3,942)

I'll take a stab at 12/23/2006.
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JefferMC
Dakota seems to be closing on 4K now... (Posts: 3,942)

I'll take a stab at 12/23/2006.
Nah. 12/30/06.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

If I seem to be taking too long for you guys, somebody could just post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get me going...
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 03:54pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
If I seem to be taking too long for you guys, somebody could just post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get me going...
The "libertarian world" is so vile and filthy that it is by far the most unrealistic and ignorant of all political persuasions. The "I have a dream speech" for Libertarians would go something like thus:
"I have a dream today. A dream where crack houses, whore houses, and schools would all legally coexhist on the same street". I have a dream that one day all Drugs would be on the market without regulation. Let the market determine whether a drug will kill your sick child or not! I have a dream today of that freedom!"

Hows that?
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 05:11pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
The "libertarian world" is so vile and filthy that it is by far the most unrealistic and ignorant of all political persuasions. The "I have a dream speech" for Libertarians would go something like thus:
"I have a dream today. A dream where crack houses, whore houses, and schools would all legally coexhist on the same street". I have a dream that one day all Drugs would be on the market without regulation. Let the market determine whether a drug will kill your sick child or not! I have a dream today of that freedom!"

Hows that?
I didn't say I was a (capital "L") Libertarian, but I do lean that way with respect to the proper role of the federal government. State and local government is another matter (or used to be before the 14th amendmend made us all one big happy overpowering government...).

The states and locales do have a proper role in exercising their police powers, including regulating public nuisances and laws regarding public safety. However, even that is being abused by the anti-smoking, anti-alcohol, and anti-fat nazis.

How's that?
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 05:22pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Tom's last 56 posts took 32 days, off-season I guess. Factoring in holidays and a couple of horses finally dying, I'll extrapolate that to 35 days. That works out to Jan 2, which I'll pick.

Last edited by CecilOne; Wed Nov 29, 2006 at 07:28am.
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 08:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I didn't say I was a (capital "L") Libertarian, but I do lean that way with respect to the proper role of the federal government. State and local government is another matter (or used to be before the 14th amendmend made us all one big happy overpowering government...).

The states and locales do have a proper role in exercising their police powers, including regulating public nuisances and laws regarding public safety. However, even that is being abused by the anti-smoking, anti-alcohol, and anti-fat nazis.

How's that?
Crap, I was hoping you were one of them "Disband the FDA cuz its not in the constitution" "if the market demands a red light district next to the elementary school who are we to regulate?" libertarians.

We probably agree on more than we disagree then, since you have a brain, unlike hard core libertarians/anarchists so unfortunately I cannot provide for you the post whoring opportunities you need.
Old Tue Nov 28, 2006, 09:18pm
Official Forum Member

As you said, crap! (Increasing the post count on the cheap....)
Old Wed Nov 29, 2006, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem

Hows that?
You're dream is realized! Such a place already exists.

It's called Washington, DC.
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 11:26am
Official Forum Member

I have decided today that I do WAY to much READING of these discussions and WAY to little time POSTING! I guess most of the time some of the discussions are just way to much flaming of other posters. I just try to sift through everything thats been said and try to pick up some solid knowledge.
Now I'm only 4,945 some odd posts behind irish!
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Hey, if you consider what we do here "flaming", you must consider the baseball board to be a freakin' inferno!
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

That's exactly right Dakota! LOL I wasn't speaking of the softball board in particular when I said about flaming.I was commenting on the forums in general how stupid they can get. I belong to ABUA and NFHS also and I can't get over how stupid some people can get. I will say that the baseball board seems to be the worst. I don't look at all the boards here just the ones for my sports which are baseball,softball and wrestling so maybe somewhere else is worse.
I just want to let you guys know how great I think this place is!Like I said I don't post much but I READ everything trying to learn anything I can.
Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 01:56pm
Official Forum Member

I was gonna say, here on the softball board there is nothing remotely near flaming. Even when we disagree, we tend to do it with style.

Old Thu Nov 30, 2006, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Old Wed Jan 03, 2007, 01:12pm
Official Forum Member

Okay...it is time to post something about constitutional interpretations or libertarianism to get Tom busy posting!!! He hasn't made 4K yet!!!!