The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Jul 05, 2006, 09:49pm
Official Forum Member

Personally, I think it comes more from your attitude as expressed in your own words.

You apologize, but then continue to characterize what you did in a discussion about whether or not the out on the BR at 1B is technically a force out in terms such as "faced down" someone.

And then crow endlessly about it, and further, assume that everyone else is as small minded as you apparently are and that everyone else lets these discussions "eat away" at them the same way you let them inflate your view of yourself (as if that was possible for you to have a more inflated view of yourself).

IOW, it is your attidute, not your correctness, that is the reason you get the responses you get. However, since trolls generally enjoy seeing the responses they can stir up, I don't expect you to change one whit.
Old Wed Jul 05, 2006, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Actually, I don't believe either interpretation was endorsed. As noted in my post, it was discussed and the conclusion was that the written rules did not reflect what Craig believes what was meant.

Anyone who hasn't heard CC speak, he is a proponent of following the rule as written in the book or change the rule.

Hence, my proposal for a rule change which would allow for the defined difference between "preventing" the ball from being hit and simple CO.

If you believe this upset me, you really have no idea what I'm about as it relates to ASA softball.
Old Wed Jul 05, 2006, 10:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Personally, I think it comes more from your attitude as expressed in your own words.

You apologize, but then continue to characterize what you did in a discussion about whether or not the out on the BR at 1B is technically a force out in terms such as "faced down" someone.

And then crow endlessly about it, and further, assume that everyone else is as small minded as you apparently are and that everyone else lets these discussions "eat away" at them the same way you let them inflate your view of yourself (as if that was possible for you to have a more inflated view of yourself).

IOW, it is your attidute, not your correctness, that is the reason you get the responses you get. However, since trolls generally enjoy seeing the responses they can stir up, I don't expect you to change one whit.

HA!

In most debates, no matter how degrading mike is when illustrating a point, even when he is wrong according to how Craig (and myself) understands intent of a rule.. ole Irish usually can take as good as he gives..

This time, in addition to degrading me, you add to it by playing the "wahh hes a troll, he smells, i'm telling his commish" card.

This is laughable and absurd.

Are you 12 dakota?

Go kick rocks dakota.. i tire of your school yard games..

Whats next? Trying to take my lunch money?

Youre a piece of work...

Go tell a commish that you and STATE UIC told me I smell and am a little green man (bwhahaha, this is hard to type) and I hurted your feewings.

All because I said Local League SP players are fat beer breath guys..

OMG this is a riot.

Get over yourself, really.

Nevermind, this has to be a joke, you two are goofing on me.

No body in positions you two hold could be acting so lame.

Last edited by wadeintothem; Wed Jul 05, 2006 at 10:36pm.
Old Wed Jul 05, 2006, 11:19pm
Official Forum Member

Nothing in the above post, with the exception of me pointing out you act like a troll (which the above post again confirms) is a response to anything I posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
No body in positions you two hold could be acting so lame.
You must have me confused with someone else. The only position I hold wrt softball is as an umpire. You, on the other hand, seem to be full of the position you hold. Or full of something, anyway. Go prance and preen in front of your SoCal umpires. I'll bet they are impressed, too.
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 12:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Nothing in the above post, with the exception of me pointing out you act like a troll (which the above post again confirms) is a response to anything I posted.You must have me confused with someone else. The only position I hold wrt softball is as an umpire. You, on the other hand, seem to be full of the position you hold. Or full of something, anyway. Go prance and preen in front of your SoCal umpires. I'll bet they are impressed, too.
What position do I hold? DEPUTY to a UIC is an area smaller than delaware (in CA thats pretty hard to do) and UIC of friggin Amer Leg baseball in this area which consists of begging BASEBALL umpires, most of them LLers.. to work games (Can you imagine that pain?).. I dont even post on the BB board and not only because Tim C is more insufferable than you are.. This is hardly something to brag about and was meant to fend off your attacks that you continue with the troll stuff. NOT BRAG. Didnt work.. it just gave you something more for you to dance around holding your pig tails and repeating over and over.. so was an error in judgement on my part.

Please continue your "hes a troll neener neener neener stuff" there susie.. its kinda funny.
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 01:01am
Official Forum Member

OK guys ----

Sniping over.... I dont care about past conversations or other threads. What I do care about is this. This is really and I mean this truthfully the first time I have been screened on a play at 2nd in 10 years at least. One of the things that I have done over the last few years is rather than moving down the 1st base side I get further toward 3b side giving me a better angle at both bases. I saw the pitcher moving and also noted a closer play was at hand so I went on 1b side instead, just so I could avoid a potential screen.

Anyway, when you all work one man and that is all that I typically get to do, where do you prefer to call a potential DP. I am again doing SP mens B,C,D ball primarily. So this isnt a sitch where I have 12 year old girls trotting to 1st.

By the way, I do apprectiate some of the insights on mechanics I have seen in other threads. I have been doing this umpire thing since 87. All of it has been USSSA SP. Took a bit of time off, but I love doing it.
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldgriff

Anyway, when you all work one man and that is all that I typically get to do, where do you prefer to call a potential DP. I am again doing SP mens B,C,D ball primarily. .
Assuming throw from 2B (99% of the time), around 2:30-3 o'clock position, maybe 10 feet off the pitcher's plate. Obviously, this is just a target, you cannot just go to a spot and work, but you know that.

Sometime players do goofy things. In your case, the pitcher was moving to a position which served no purpose in the play. One umpire, six umpires, it doesn't make any difference, it's still possible to be blocked out on a DMF.
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 09:27am
Official Forum Member

wade, your track record on this board speaks for itself.
Old Thu Jul 06, 2006, 03:41pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Thumbs down Enough, Already

What I said about "must slide" also applies to this personal insult fest, just in case someone is trying to learn about mechanics.