The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan55
Must be like SP> No brushes in the back pocket. Saw a UIC make reference of it at a National.

Never been told not to put it there, but when PU I always have it in my bag. If you are BU, where else could you put it? I do carry one in the back pocket then, the bristles poke somewhat, but a lot less than in the front pocket.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 10:46am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE
I want the ballbags with the elastic back too!!! I have two that I am nursing along....the plain bag w/ no elastic sucks....
Too bad that I didn't know this sooner. I hated the ones with the elastic. I gave away six or so last year, in near mint condition, to my daughter to use when she umpires or to give to other umpires in her area. She just started umpiring last year....as they say....the nut don't fall too far from the tree.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to shipwreck
Thanks Tom. I try my best. dave
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
Thanks Tom. I try my best. dave
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 12:09pm
Official Forum Member

Two Bags For your balls

It bothers me when I see the 2 bag umps. I don't know why. I can't defend or explain why. It reminds me of oh a gunfighter (cue in some Good, BAd, Ugly music) . Friend of mine used one last night in Regionals semi's. I couldn't stop looking at his ball bags, one on each hip. you know your life has taken a turn to towards the strange when you are thinking about ball bags for more than 30 seconds.

Skatboi-you frighten me with your enthusiasm for the two bag.LOL When you were growing up did you ever imagine the day you would be singing the praises of how much stuff can fit in two ball bags. LOL

Last edited by Chess Ref; Thu May 25, 2006 at 12:14pm.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASA/NYSSOBLUE
I want the ballbags with the elastic back too!!! I have two that I am nursing along....the plain bag w/ no elastic sucks....
I still have one that I don't use....it has the old ASA logo on it...shoot me an email or private message and we can talk about it further.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to CelticNHBlue
I double bagged for the first time this year, and I have to admit I like it. I was a bit hesitant, but it was highly suggested by some local umpires that I hold in the highest esteem. I only do it in college games or lower level games that have enough quality balls to make it worth it and then only if the field location may make it difficult to them back in a timely fashion. It really makes it easier to keep the flow of the game when you have multiple balls leave the field of play and you can better keep your focus on the field and not in the dugout or pressbox wondering where your next ball will come from. I use a nice rotation, always keeping one ball on my right (I am right handed) so that when I rotate the last ball, and my left bag is empty, I know it is time to reload. The added benefit, as mentioned, is having more places for your brush and line-up card holder.

As for the ASA ball bags, I just did my first ASA games of the year this past week after 70+ college and hs games this spring and I was so frusterated getting balls in and out of my bag because it is a little smaller than the plain bags I purchased from Honigs. I like the flat look (no elastic), I think it appears cleaner and more professional, but functionally, the old bags were much easier to use. JMHO.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 01:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess Ref
Skatboi-you frighten me with your enthusiasm for the two bag.LOL When you were growing up did you ever imagine the day you would be singing the praises of how much stuff can fit in two ball bags. LOL
Nothing to be scared of.

There were a lot of things growing up that I never expected I would do.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.