The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jul 05, 2001, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

I'm not real sure what I should have titled this thread, but I am sitting here typing 1-handed and glad that I've chosen to wear 2 ball bags when doing the plate. Tuesday night I had a plate game and just after the last warmup pitch, I reached into my left bags for something. I thought I found a pin - turns out it was a bee or some other nasty little creature that stung me. Up until 15 yrs ago, I never had any swelling or other reaction to stings, that all changed after a spider bite & I get kinda swollen now. Anyway, I wear 2 bags and keep bals & brush in one and lineup card & holder & other stuff in the other. One of the teams provided me with a break & shake ice pack that I kept on my hand at each hald inning break & then stuck in the ball bag. Had I only been wearing a single bag - like I did just a few years ago - I'd have had to do something else. Looks like we've been busy elsewhere & this board needed something added. Meanwhile, a curse on all those nasty stinging little creatures.
Old Thu Jul 05, 2001, 05:31pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Tough Board

Okay guys, I've got the garlic around the neck and will not step on anymore cracks this year. Mike with the knees, Joel with the ribs + an injured daughter & now Steve with the sting. I am walking carefully. xoxoxoxo

Keep eye out on all ump voodoo dolls them coaches must be buying

Don
Old Thu Jul 05, 2001, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Make sure you toss some salt over your shoulder Don.......

The garlic is a plus...........

Joel

Steve........sorry for your sting........those guys (the stinging kind) can make you feel like you have been hit by a 2x4. NO fun. When I worked outdoors.......I worked with a guy who kept a "bee-sting" kit with him at all times........I was instructed on how to give him a shot of the "adrenelin/epenepherin".........I am glad it never happened........even a minor allergic reaction can turn into a MAJOR one quickly.