View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 05, 2001, 11:12am
Official Forum Member

I'm not real sure what I should have titled this thread, but I am sitting here typing 1-handed and glad that I've chosen to wear 2 ball bags when doing the plate. Tuesday night I had a plate game and just after the last warmup pitch, I reached into my left bags for something. I thought I found a pin - turns out it was a bee or some other nasty little creature that stung me. Up until 15 yrs ago, I never had any swelling or other reaction to stings, that all changed after a spider bite & I get kinda swollen now. Anyway, I wear 2 bags and keep bals & brush in one and lineup card & holder & other stuff in the other. One of the teams provided me with a break & shake ice pack that I kept on my hand at each hald inning break & then stuck in the ball bag. Had I only been wearing a single bag - like I did just a few years ago - I'd have had to do something else. Looks like we've been busy elsewhere & this board needed something added. Meanwhile, a curse on all those nasty stinging little creatures.