The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Apr 14, 2006, 02:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Don't know why you would ask that question. I didn't suggest any of the statements were wrong, just how the "interpretation" of the atmospherical events seem to have changed of the years.

However, to answer your question will be easy. Been there, done that.

It will not happen if I see the lightning. I would expect any umpire in the complex who sees lightning to pull the teams and inform the umpires on other fields which I will expect to mirror his/her actions. If I'm told, I will be passying the work to the other fields to shut it down.

Also, don't know why you would think there would be a problem for an umpire simply doing their job.
Fair enough Mike.
I wasn't sure if I was reading your previous post correctly or not. One way that I read it was that you were inclined to take lightning lightly. My apologies for the mis-read.

If the UIC emphatically stated at the beginning of the tournament, that he and only he could stop a game, and then an umpire took it upon himself to stop a game, I was wondering what the consensus of various UIC's (including yourself) of how you would take it. The UIC might think that the umpire was doing his job if he followed the instructions of the UIC and not taking matters into his own hands.