The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu May 03, 2001, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Had a HS game today with 2 of the lesser skilled teams in the area. Out of all the players, there were only 2 athletes. Anyway, when you have lesser skilled teams, you see some strange stuff. I saw a batter hit a ball down the third base line an not run because some fan said "That's a foul ball." as I'm pointing fair. I'm paying attention to the ball, so I don't realize that the batter has not run. The runner from 2B tried to score and was thrown out at the plate - now I realize that I've got an additional offensive uniform in the vicinity. Defensive coaches are hollering at F2 to tag this person - and for a brunette, this girl had the dumbest blonde look I've seen in a long time. Finally the batter starts to move toward 1B and then stops, so F2 tags her and I got 2 outs on a play that should have seen runners ending up on te corners. Offense's coach was more than a little displeased with her player for not running saying "You know his voice and he was pointing fair........" Even though they're not very good, I don't think I'd want to take part in tomorrow's practice.
Old Sat May 05, 2001, 09:26pm
Official Forum Member

DMR

I had one those too this weekend

Vistor's down by 2 last inning 1 out co-ed class D I am working solo R1 on 1st batter hits ball to 1st baseman standing 10-15' in fair territory throws to 2nd to get R1 and 2nd out next batter comes up and bloops single to outfield on the 1st pitch and 3rd base coach starts yelling looking for his missing runner the previous batter who should of been at 1st was enjoying herself watching the game in the dugout. I got a 3rd out and BALLGAME

Don