View Single Post
Old Thu May 03, 2001, 09:38pm
Official Forum Member

Had a HS game today with 2 of the lesser skilled teams in the area. Out of all the players, there were only 2 athletes. Anyway, when you have lesser skilled teams, you see some strange stuff. I saw a batter hit a ball down the third base line an not run because some fan said "That's a foul ball." as I'm pointing fair. I'm paying attention to the ball, so I don't realize that the batter has not run. The runner from 2B tried to score and was thrown out at the plate - now I realize that I've got an additional offensive uniform in the vicinity. Defensive coaches are hollering at F2 to tag this person - and for a brunette, this girl had the dumbest blonde look I've seen in a long time. Finally the batter starts to move toward 1B and then stops, so F2 tags her and I got 2 outs on a play that should have seen runners ending up on te corners. Offense's coach was more than a little displeased with her player for not running saying "You know his voice and he was pointing fair........" Even though they're not very good, I don't think I'd want to take part in tomorrow's practice.