The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 09:45am
Official Forum Member

Did a game last night that did not have the running lane installed. Since this always can create problems whenever it comes into play what would the proper action be on my part being the PU. The school employee that lined the diamond had already left prior to my arrivial? Warn the coaches at the pre-game cnference ?, try and call employee back ?, not start play ?...
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to SamNVa Send a message via AIM to SamNVa Send a message via Yahoo to SamNVa
Play on!

If I can't get the line drawn properly, I just make the statement at the plate conference that since there isn't a line, any running lane violations will be MY JUDGEMENT. It usually isn't a problem because most running lane violations are due to the runner running inside the foul line (in fair territory) rather than outside the 3 foot line (in foul territory) and there aren't that many plays where it's a factor anyway.
Old Wed Apr 11, 2001, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Sam's right. Additionally, here in Pa, the first time this happens, we are to report the field not being proprerly lined to the school's AD. If it happens again, then we're to report it to the state - PIAA. But, meanwhile, we play the game and use judgement only regarding the lines.