The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 04:12pm
Official Forum Member

Looking for some feedback. Do you use them? Do you like them? How do you feel about the knee pad being a seperate piece that is vecro'd to the shin pad? Does it ever separate on you while are moving around and if so, does it bother you? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!!!
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 04:42pm
Never Stop Learning

Have used the ump shins for about five years and I love them. Have never had the knee seperate and they are very comfortable. I decided to get the baseball model and feel they have a little more protection, and are well worth the extra money. Make sure if you decided on them to get the right size.
Old Fri Mar 04, 2005, 06:05pm
Official Forum Member

UMP Shins

Been using them for quite some time and love them.

Hey, Eddie, tell everyone up there to plan to come to Seattle/Tacoma the last weekend of February 2006...we'll have a great little pilot program we are doing for ASA and it's open to the first 200 umpires. Plus next year it will probably rain here, and I know how you guys love that dreary weather in Feb. WB Silves will have more information later on...but we'd love for y'all to come down.
Old Sat Mar 05, 2005, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

I used them for close to 10 years and was comfortable and confident in them - until I took a direct hit in a men's game. That one hurt. Last year I went to the BB model and am using that for a levels. The velcro'd knee pad is not a problem.
Old Wed Mar 09, 2005, 07:55pm
Official Forum Member

I too, use the UmpShins and really like them. Like with everyone else who responded here, I have never had any problems with the knee part coming apart from the shin section.

Incidentally, Honig's does not make the UmpShin shinguard. A company called Body Guard makes them. Just some FYI.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.