The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 29, 2004, 07:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bandit
Good Solid Game. Coach of visiting team is very solid coach who while never really rude definitely likes to coach by intimidation and control. Over not only the players but likes to demonstrate it over the umpires if he gets a chance. Coach sits on the inside of the dugout on bucket and passes along pitch signals to the catcher. When ever he does not get the result he wants or wishes to have a conference at the pitchers circle he simple gets up and walks out onto the field. All the girls know that when he gets up and heads towards the dugout opening there is a meeting to follow. No acknowledgement to the umpire (either base or plate) of a request of time. By himself or catcher. The catcher also simple walks towards the pitcher. I don't say anything the first time allowing for the fact everyone knows what's going on. The second time I walk over to the base line between the circle and his dugout and as he passes I ask for him to acknowledge the fact that we have now had two conferences and that any future timeouts need to be requested and not assumed. Question? Would anyone have handled this any different?
Old Wed Dec 29, 2004, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Actually yes,i would have handled it differently,if no player is injured,he has no business or right on the field,automatic ejection! (unsportsman conduct)
Old Wed Dec 29, 2004, 07:20pm
Official Forum Member

I take a hard line on anyone entering the field without time out BEING REQUESTED and granted!