The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Wed Jun 09, 2004, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

This happened last night. Womens fast pitch. ASA. I was plate.

After one out in the 4th inning team A captain asks me "did they give you those substitutions?" refering to team B,now in the field. I said "what subs?". Apparently team B had 3 new players in the field and had failed to report them. After discussing it with my partner we decided we had 3 disqualified players (ASA 4-6-A). Team B coach unhappy but accepts his mistake. Original players take the field and we continue.

Move to 6th inning. Team B takes the field again. Coach says he wants to reenter Smith. I pull out the lineup card and see that according to my records Smith has never been in the game yet to reenter. After consulting home team (team B) it is discovered that Smith did indeed bat in the 5th but never reported to anyone (reason for them not saying anything?;"didn't want to cause anymore trouble"). Once again I went with unreported sub, disqualification.

I don't know if I feel good about the last DQ. Was Smith "in the game", a stipulation for 4-6-A, even though she had never officially been in the game? Was she still IN the game even though, in coaches'eye, she had been in and OUT (all unreported)?

Sorry for the wordiness but it was an odd situation. UIC was there and agreed with all calls but something bugs me about the last one. Did I get DQ happy?