The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 03:43pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FUBLUE
Quote:
Give me 10 below in the winter with 6 feet of snow and 90 above in the summer with 1000% humidity any day.
Is that possible??? Must be some new math or something...

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dakota
Quote:
Everything indigenous to Texas either bites, stings, or has thorns!
I see that you have met my wife!

Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 03:48pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TexBlue
Quote:

@#$^@%@#%!%!!!?????

Who you been talkin' to? Shoot, we're through with school ball season a month ago, we're through with the 1st rec season, starting the next, summer season now. Mike ya got the snow off the ground yet? The only reason a northerner doesn't pronounce TEXAS "God's Country" is because you just don't see the ground long enough to appreciate the natural beauty of it. Now, down, here, there's a lot of ground to look at. Of course, a lot of it is covered in softball parks. What else do ya need to call this "God's Country?" Oh, yeah, we got Scott and Glen down here too. That just adds to this magnificent state.

And who the heck cares about which BASKETBALL league is better? Isn't there some wasted space somewhere on this site dedicated to folks who don't know a real sport when they bump into it?
Rick:

Its simple as this. How many Texans do you see fleeing the state for northern climes? Now...how many northerners seem to be fleeing the cold climes for the warmth of Texas? Need I say more? There are a whole lot more of them coming down here than there are of us going up there.

Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi

Rick:

Its simple as this. How many Texans do you see fleeing the state for northern climes? Now...how many northerners seem to be fleeing the cold climes for the warmth of Texas? Need I say more? There are a whole lot more of them coming down here than there are of us going up there.
And that's fine with us. That just means there are than many fewer idiots on the roads that shouldn't be allowed out of their driveway.

And, BTW, isn't that a decription of the Democrats in Austin? Don't they occasionally take off to the North to avoid work?

Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to TexBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by FUBLUE
[QUOTE
And the rest of it is covered in cactus, dust, thorns, rattlesnakes, scorpions, etc....keep it down there! Give me 10 below in the winter with 6 feet of snow and 90 above in the summer with 1000% humidity any day.

At least we have four seasons in Indiana...all you have is HOT!

Nah,you're talking about West Texas, our Vacation land. That's our tourist trap for all you Yankees that watch movies and think you know Texas. As for our pets, yeah, we got 'em. That just keeps the people from Arkansas and Louisiana out.
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FUBLUE
What Charlie Daniels didn't tell you was that the devil had to leave Texas because it was too harsh a state to call home! Not even the devil wants it!
Don't want it? We kicked him out. He kept inviting people down here from everywhere! And wanted 'em to stay!

Now, you heard the joke about Texans and the devil, right? The one where the Texans started working on putting the fire out in Hell and he wasn't too happy about it. Told him they had bigger fires than that in Houston in the early 1900's.
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:15pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by whiskers_ump
Quote:

Rick,

Don't listen to them damn foreigners. Hell, one of'em
even admitted the other day that they had 'mud holes'
for lakes. Most of 'em are from overseas - the RIO.
Or worse, the Red River.
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:19pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by FUBLUE
Quote:
And the rest of it is covered in cactus, dust, thorns, rattlesnakes, scorpions, etc....keep it down there! Give me 10 below in the winter with 6 feet of snow and 90 above in the summer with 1000% humidity any day.

At least we have four seasons in Indiana...all you have is HOT!
Now, you gotta clear this up for me, is Glen the rattlesnake or is Scott the scorpion. Or the other way around? Remember, we're just ole country boys down here. Gotta 'splain things to usn's.

[Edited by TexBlue on Jun 4th, 2004 at 07:28 PM]
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Skahtboi

Rick:

Shoot, never said a Yankee was dumb!
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by IRISHMAFIA
Quote:
And that's fine with us. That just means there are than many fewer idiots on the roads that shouldn't be allowed out of their driveway.
Now, see there, we're finally getting Mike to swing over to our side. Even he's calling folks up North idiots!

Quote:
And, BTW, isn't that a decription of the Democrats in Austin? Don't they occasionally take off to the North to avoid work?
Naw, the last time they went West to New Mexico. Ain't nothing like getting paid at the taxpayer's expense when you don't go to work. I truly think the Democrats down here are imported from the North to upgrade the intelligence level of the immigrants from down south. Didn't work, though, the Democrats have converted and are crossing lines to get what they want too. Sounds like the immigrants won that educational learning debate.

[Edited by TexBlue on Jun 4th, 2004 at 08:31 PM]
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

I don't think Mike was calling everyone in the North idiots, just the one's who don't know how to drive in the winter...that's why we send them you're way.
Old Fri Jun 04, 2004, 11:54pm
Administrator

I officiate basketball, my first sport, as well baseball, fastpitch softball, and soccer.

I will admit that I prefer baseball over fastpitch softball, I still enjoy umpiring both sports and why I come from there is not bickering between umpires that only umpire baseball and umpires that only umpire softball.

Now soccer officials are a horse of a different color. The H.S. soccer officials with whom I officiate in Michigan are on the ball, but the vast majority of the Ohio H.S. soccer officials do not have a clue about sports officiating.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio
Old Sat Jun 05, 2004, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dakota
... have any good, juicy, name-calling, flame-throwing threads like the baseball board does over such meaty issues as whether turning sideways on a third strike call is a bad habit, bad mechanics, or harmless personal preference?
If you want to have arguments, it is very simple. All you have to do is read a post. If their are no replies, then post your reply, just put what you would as in any normal reply, but if they said something really stupid (like they prefer Honig's shirts over Cliff Kleen), then attack their personal character immediatly. If they did not say something really dumb in the original post, then don't attack the original poster. Just put down your reply. If anyone disagrees with you, then attack their character.

It is pretty simple. You are always right. You can not be wrong. If someone says are wrong, or does not agree with you opinion, then they are a terrible person. Make sure that everyone who disagrees with you, you tell off in the most disrespectful and sarcastic way possible.
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 08:53pm
Official Forum Member

Wink

I thought this was the post where we made personal attacks on each other?
Old Mon Jun 07, 2004, 09:41pm
Official Forum Member

Y'all reckon LDUB was trying to be nice. Nah, surely
not....
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain.