The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Softball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 10, 2017, 07:01am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Spring Break

It's spring break time around here, which means I have off, as well as the schools....and I have three games! the weather was so cr***y for the first couple of weeks, schools are trying to make up, and with Easter being about as late as it can be, they really have to do it.

Actually, today's game is a scrimmage, which are always more fun to do - no lineups, sometimes they run six out innings (three outs, reset, three more). and you tell coaches when their kids are doing something wrong, and not seem too bossy. I had one earlier - my first time on the field - and and the one team's first basemen were continually obstructing runners heading back to the base after taking a lead. (ME: Coach, your first baseman is obstructing the runners going back to the bag. COACH: I know, I talked to her about it ME: The other one also, coach.. COACH: oh.) Coaches can also run situational plays if they want, such as running 1st and 3rd for an inning, or steal situations.

Fun stuff...