The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Soccer
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 05:15pm
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
modified league rules

Please comment on these modified rules for one of our leagues. They are using USSF as a base.
1. Subs on throw ins for both teams (as long as the team with the Throw in is subbing)
2. No subs on corner kicks
3. Hot Head Rule - player must come off of the field for a yellow card violation and may return at the next legal substitution
4. A player attended to on the field must come off, with the exception of the goal keeper (the other team may substitute a player for each player that was injured and had to leave the field)
Old Sat Sep 16, 2006, 07:57pm
Official Forum Member

Sounds like they are using a combination of USSF and Fed. I don't see any problems with what you are posting here. What age is it for?
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 06:54am
Official Forum Member

Location: The Land Of The Free and The Home Of The Brave (MD/DE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Sounds like they are using a combination of USSF and Fed. I don't see any problems with what you are posting here. What age is it for?
I wish they would use one or the other. We'll see this afternoon if they tell the coaches the rules. I don't like "with the exception of the goal keeper". U8 - U19
Old Sun Sep 17, 2006, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Is this a rec league or a sanctioned USSF league?

1.+ 2. I really don't care when subs are allowed. I've found that ANY stoppage with the permission of the referee works best. If a team is attempting to restart play quickly, then the referee denies the sub and lets the game continue. For any other stoppage why not make the changes? US Club Soccer does it that way.

3. In my opinion, this is a very poor rule. I know that NFHS uses it, but USSF strictly forbids this practice. Young players need to learn to control themselves and maintain composure after receiving a caution. This is a life experience. The game, like life, goes on when one is upset.

4. The exception for the goalkeeper is the FIFA rule. I agree with it because that is a specialty position and it saves time during the match to just allow keepers to stay. Otherwise the team would have to warm up and possibly even suit up a new keeper. It is a pain to do it the NFHS way.
(And I'm not a fan of the 1-for-1 concept. Either make an injury a sub opportunity for everyone as the NFHS does or make it for just the injured player. Anything in between seems silly to me. Afterall the game is stopped right?)