The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 10:57pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to RILAX Send a message via Yahoo to RILAX
Don’t know if any one saw this in the UVA-Hopkins game (or the sports center highlights).

UVA’s goalie made a save and attempted to make an outlet pass up top center. The pass was intercepted and Hopkins player made a pass down to an attack man on the crease. The attack man shoots and after the save was made entered the crease. The saved pass went off into a second Hopkins attack man and he shoots the ball and another save was made.

Did anyone else see the Hopkins player in the crease? Not exactly like there could be a play on or anything like that. Did not affect the game since UVA eventually cleared the ball after the third save.

Also is it me or is ESPN’s announce (Leif-?) have less understanding of the game and rules then say Maden w/ his limited knowledge of football rules?
Old Tue May 27, 2003, 11:28pm
Official Forum Member

I was there. I saw it live and on the replay on the big screen. He was most definately in the crease. The worst part about it was that there was an official about 5 yards from the violation, and he didn't call it. I have no idea why. It was clear the player was in the crease and the game should have been stopped with a whistle and the ball awarded to UVA at the goal line extended outside the box (Because Hopkins still had the ball.) If a goal had been scored, it could have changed the game alot.