The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Lacrosse

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed May 07, 2008, 07:25pm
Official Forum Member

Withholding ball from play

During a face-off if one player clamps down on the ball with the stick and holds it there making no attempt to rake the ball back into the crosse, is he 'withholding ball from play' - a technical foul?

Applying the same technique in a non-faceoff situation - would this also be 'withholding ball from play'?
Old Fri May 09, 2008, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

I would say "it depends" I know that is'nt much of an answer unless you are an economist, but if it is held for a long time say 10 seconds or so then yes but I think this is a perfect oppertunity for preventive officiating by yelling to play the ball or get it in play as soon as he traps it. We can whistle a call on most plays but I prefer to "talk' them out of the small stuff.