The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Hockey
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Feb 05, 2015, 10:21pm
Official Forum Member

hurt player - puck drop

In my ten year old son's game a player from his team (team A) was on a breakaway deked the goalie but missed the net when he shot, he then crashed into the boards behind the net and stayed down the other team (Team B) heads up the ice with the puck and one of the two refs go over to the boy lying behind the net. the other referee (two refs so this ref 2) allows Team B to continue the play which they do until Team A stops them just over the Team A defensive blue line and ref 2 blows the whistle as soon as team A touches the puck - they cleared it out of their zone. What I
didn't agree with is that after the injured player was helped off the ice (he was fine - missed a couple of shifts but returned to the game) Ref 2 dropped the puck in Team A's defensive zone faceoff spot. Now it is the case that Team A did touch the puck last inside their defensive zone before the whistle but team B shot it in from outside the zone. Where should the puck be dropped?
Old Tue Feb 10, 2015, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouAngotti View Post
In my ten year old son's game a player from his team (team A) was on a breakaway deked the goalie but missed the net when he shot, he then crashed into the boards behind the net and stayed down the other team (Team B) heads up the ice with the puck and one of the two refs go over to the boy lying behind the net. the other referee (two refs so this ref 2) allows Team B to continue the play which they do until Team A stops them just over the Team A defensive blue line and ref 2 blows the whistle as soon as team A touches the puck - they cleared it out of their zone. What I
didn't agree with is that after the injured player was helped off the ice (he was fine - missed a couple of shifts but returned to the game) Ref 2 dropped the puck in Team A's defensive zone faceoff spot. Now it is the case that Team A did touch the puck last inside their defensive zone before the whistle but team B shot it in from outside the zone. Where should the puck be dropped?

Having a little trouble totally understanding what happened, but from what I read, the play was stopped when Team 'A' gained possession in their own defensive zone, correct?

If so, what Team B does in this situation is irrelevant. Team 'A' was the cause of the stoppage in their own defensive zone. Faceoff would be in Team 'A's defensive zone.