The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Part 2 Test (https://forum.officiating.com/football/9904-part-2-test.html)

lawref Mon Sep 01, 2003 04:29pm

Anybody have the Part 2 test and/or answer key?

BktBallRef Mon Sep 01, 2003 05:54pm

We take the exam on Tuesday night, so I'll get it then.

James Neil Mon Sep 01, 2003 08:59pm

Quote:

Originally posted by lawref
Anybody have the Part 2 test and/or answer key?
yes, I'm looking at it as we speek. I took it last week . Missed two q's dam it . Why do you ask , may I ask ?

lawref Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:03pm

On the Part I exam, there were a few questions for which the answer key and rule references did not have any correlation to the question. Is that the case with the Part II test, too?
I took it, too, but I don't have my score back. Did you get the answers at the time of the exam?

lawref Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:26pm

Are the answers at this web site supposed to be for the 2003 NFHS Part 2 exam:
http://www.mcoa.org/football/

Please advise, James Neil, or anyone else who's taken it.

James Neil Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:31pm

Quote:

On the Part I exam, there were a few questions for which the answer key and rule references did not have any correlation to the question. Is that the case with the Part II test, too?
I took it, too, but I don't have my score back. Did you get the answers at the time of the exam?

We take the test open book so I had the benefit of being able to look up any answer to any questions I wasn't 100% sure on. And that was most of them so I really got into it LOL . All the questions and answers correlated pretty much as far as I could tell. I did the test at home and turned it in at last weeks meeting. I got it back corrected at the end of the meeting. I figure most of us will have done the test by Wed. I'll be glad to send the answer key to any who'd like it at that time

James Neil Mon Sep 01, 2003 09:36pm

Quote:

Are the answers at this web site supposed to be for the 2003 NFHS Part 2 exam:
http://www.mcoa.org/football/

Please advise, James Neil, or anyone else who's taken it.

They are NOT the answers I have for the NFHS 2003 test part 2. Might be last years .

cowbyfan1 Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:58pm

Still waiting on my part 2. State seems to be running slow this year on getting things out for some reason.

Huskerblue Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:22am

To James Neil:

The Part 2 test isn't meant to be open book. I wouldn't be broadcasting the fact that you were allowed to take it open book too loudly. Your state may find out about it and you won't be working anywhere this year. I am taking the test tonight. I have studied my buns off for it. I'm hoping for a 95% or better. Then I never have to take the test again.

Tom Hinrichs Tue Sep 02, 2003 11:47am

Different states use the tests in different ways. In some states part II is a closed book test. Other states give it as an open book test. Some states do not give part 2 at all.

It all depends on your state assn.

JRutledge Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:29pm

In Illinois.

Quote:

Originally posted by Huskerblue
To James Neil:

The Part 2 test isn't meant to be open book.

It is in Illinois, if you are going for promotion from a Registered to Recognized official (rankings). But it is taken on the same day throughout the state, with a time limit (2 hours). It is a closed book test for those going from a rank of Recognized to Certified, with the same time limit. And if you are not going for promotion or you are already Certified, you might never take the Part 2 Exam. At least if you are Certified and you pay your dues for the rest of your career, you will never have to take it again.

Peace

Huskerblue Tue Sep 02, 2003 01:20pm

I see. Oh well. I am in Iowa so I guess I'll have to leave the books at home.

Cain Wed Sep 03, 2003 03:59pm

Part 2

That link above was the the 2003 Part II test, but in Florida. Florida does not use the same version of the test as other states (some cheating going on a few years back)

ABoselli Wed Sep 03, 2003 04:16pm

Never have to take the test again? What good does that do anybody? We, too, get it open book but I've always thought it should be closed book, put your name on it and get your grade posted. That would get a few guys to crack open the books more often.

JRutledge Wed Sep 03, 2003 04:31pm

"If" or "may?"

Quote:

Originally posted by ABoselli
Never have to take the test again? What good does that do anybody? We, too, get it open book but I've always thought it should be closed book, put your name on it and get your grade posted. That would get a few guys to crack open the books more often.
What good does the test do anyone? When I go on the field and think to myself, "Question #24 on the Part 2 Exam is the reason we are not going to play this game."

These tests are a joke. They do not prove anything. You cannot officiate with the logic these questions ask. If anything, that is what the Part 1 Exam is for. And if you need a test to get you to crack the books, then you are not serious about officiating in the first place. Just like many do not run or workout at all to get ready for the season, which is something I do more of than try to remember if the rulebook mean, "if" or "may." I spend more time looking at the rulebook to think of situations that have actually happen to me on the field than for the test. Because if test are the reason you pick up the book, what do you do when all of them are done?

Peace