The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 09:29am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Thumbs down Pat Haden, USC, and the Refs

Shoulda remained upstairs where you belong.......

USC Trojans AD Pat Haden confronts officials during game after penalty on coach Steve Sarkisian - ESPN Los Angeles
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 11:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunewar View Post
Could NOT agree more.... stay off the field.
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 01:43pm
Chain of Fools

PAC-12 will wag their finger at him half menacingly.
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 02:43pm
Do not give a damn!!

They crew should have flagged him and penalized USC further. What was he going to do to them in the first place?

This is what bugs me about football officiating. We allow any level of disrespect and do it in the effort of "Well let us use common sense." If this happen in most sports, no one would have thought twice about penalizing someone associated with the team. I really wish this attitude would go away. Not saying we have to be flag happy, but there is too much concerned with who we piss off.

Peace
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Total lack of class on Haden's part. I lost a lot of respect for him.

Now, we are faced with the possibility of HS AD's doing something stupid like that.
Old Sun Sep 07, 2014, 09:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
They crew should have flagged him and penalized USC further. What was he going to do to them in the first place?

This is what bugs me about football officiating. We allow any level of disrespect and do it in the effort of "Well let us use common sense." If this happen in most sports, no one would have thought twice about penalizing someone associated with the team. I really wish this attitude would go away. Not saying we have to be flag happy, but there is too much concerned with who we piss off.

Peace
Alright, we know he is the visiting team's AD, but would the officials?

Admittedly I didn't see the game, just the ESPN highlights and discussion, where I didn't see any difference between any other team assistant getting into a conversation between the official and the HC. I have to say I probably wouldn't know the difference between another one of the visiting team's assistants and the AD. Then again I work with more than just a 12 school conference, so they may have known.

That being said, If he pulled anything like a "I'm the AD" into the conversation, that is getting a detailed entry into the post-game report.
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 01:17am
Official Forum Member

Don't worry guys. Steve Sarkisian regrets asking for Haden to come down to the sideline. Haden has also apologized and has promised to stay off the sideline for the next two games.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 08:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
Total lack of class on Haden's part. I lost a lot of respect for him.

Now, we are faced with the possibility of HS AD's doing something stupid like that.
That's happened already.....I can vouch for it.
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 08:33am
Chain of Fools

Trust me, PAC-12 officials know who Pat Haden is.
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 08:57am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post

Admittedly I didn't see the game, just the ESPN highlights and discussion, where I didn't see any difference between any other team assistant getting into a conversation between the official and the HC. I have to say I probably wouldn't know the difference between another one of the visiting team's assistants and the AD. Then again I work with more than just a 12 school conference, so they may have known.

That being said, If he pulled anything like a "I'm the AD" into the conversation, that is getting a detailed entry into the post-game report.
I would be shocked if the officials did not know who the ADs are at a particular university in a conference game setting. And Pat Haden is one of the most high profile guys in that conference. He is on the Playoff Committee as well. I am sure not only do they know who the ADs are at those schools, they have probably had some interaction with each of them at some point. And it did not look like Haden was even in coach gear so him talking to them should have been known. Either way, I am just tired of how we pass on the actions of sidelines. It really does not matter to me one way or the other if they know who Haden was or not, but why do we insist on taking their crap. I have always heard we advocate what we promote essentially and to me (and I am included in this) need to stop taking their crap all the time.

Peace
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I would be shocked if the officials did not know who the ADs are at a particular university in a conference game setting. And Pat Haden is one of the most high profile guys in that conference. He is on the Playoff Committee as well. I am sure not only do they know who the ADs are at those schools, they have probably had some interaction with each of them at some point. And it did not look like Haden was even in coach gear so him talking to them should have been known. Either way, I am just tired of how we pass on the actions of sidelines. It really does not matter to me one way or the other if they know who Haden was or not, but why do we insist on taking their crap. I have always heard we advocate what we promote essentially and to me (and I am included in this) need to stop taking their crap all the time.

Peace
Thumbs up/like button?
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Haden has also apologized and has promised to stay off the sideline for the next two games.
Yeah - that's the worst part!

He's not supposed to come down. At all. So his self imposed penalty is to not come down for 2 games?

Stay the heck in the pressbox, idiot!

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post

Hmmm... are you implying there are officials who don't know who Pat Haden is?

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 10:30am
Official Forum Member

What was the USC for? Had he had a warning and two 5 yarders already; was there contact with an official; did he get the USC for arguing the warning?
Old Mon Sep 08, 2014, 10:46am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parepat View Post
What was the USC for? Had he had a warning and two 5 yarders already; was there contact with an official; did he get the USC for arguing the warning?
It appears it was simply for unsporting conduct when trying to argue the targeting call, which the HC later said he was wrong about arguing. You do not have to get a warning when you cross the line.

Peace