The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 10, 2013, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

NFHS Numbering Exception ?

Does the restriction on the snapper (not eligible receiver) only apply on plays where the numbering exception is used? Thus, if there are five players (other than snapper) numbered 50-79, then the snapper can be an eligible receiver?
7-2-5
Old Tue Sep 10, 2013, 11:16am
I Bleed Crimson

There's no restriction on the snapper, only by position and by number. If the snapper is on the end of the line and is wearing a number other than 50-79, then he is eligible.

Edit: I re-read what you wrote, and now I think I understand your point. If A has five players number 50-79, then no numbering exception is in effect, so the exceptions do not apply.

Last edited by Suudy; Tue Sep 10, 2013 at 11:24am.
Old Tue Sep 10, 2013, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Reminds me of a time I saw that. I'm at U and luckily I see the snapper wearing 85 and in an odd spread formation. I check wings for signals and see nothing from them to indicate illegal formation. Sure enough, the ball is snapped, the snapper saunters by me with no one defending him, the ball whizzes past me, I turn, TD. Nice play by them.