The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Nov 15, 2012, 01:47pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

NFL Official Review

The NFL has re-instated its popular segment, "Official Review".

I think the popularity of Mike Pereira and Jim Daopoulos had something to do with this decision.

Here are links: TV Segment and online version.

Carl Johnson and Dean Blandino tag-teamed the incomplete pass by the Steelers that was initially ruled a fumble, returned for a TD, and flagged for group celebration. TD came off the board with the reversal, penalty stayed by rule.
Old Fri Nov 16, 2012, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Honestly, not sure why they stopped doing this. They continued the segment the year after Mike retired, and had Carl doing the segment. I don't remember seeing it the next year.

I think it's great for the NFL (and the NBA) that they have these type of segments. I think the NHL would benefit from a similar segment, but to be fair to them, the way Mike Shanahan goes about an articulates to the public through video, reviews on hits and/or suspensions is top notch.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:04am
Chain of Fools

I seemed to recall that Johnson handled a couple of episodes after Pereira's departure. He was, shall we say, abysmal. He just didn't have the polish to go on t.v. and present these plays. Has he improved? I guess I'll have to tune in or log on and see.