The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 11:11pm
Official Forum Member

Where is NFL network official review segment?

Does anyone know what happened to the NFL network's "official review" segment that used to air on Wednesdays during the NFL Total Access show?

I really enjoyed that segment, and have recently recorded the last few weeks shows that I missed and noticed that they don't seem to have that segment anymore. Did they move it to a new day/time? Or just not showing it anymore?
Old Wed Dec 13, 2006, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

I know they are still doing it but I watch it through Comcast On Demand. It's usually available on Thursday or Friday and only includes the Official segment.
Old Thu Dec 14, 2006, 07:02am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
I believe they also post these on NFL.com. Look on the righthand side of the screen under videos.
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 01:53pm
Official Forum Member

Yes I see they have a few of them out there under the videos for the week. They are missing some weeks though, which I wonder if they just didn't do the segment for Weeks 12 or 14. This used to be a regular segment on the Wednesday evening show but doesn't appear to be anymore.
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

It seems like they stopped airing it when they started with the Thursday night games. It also might be because Rich Eisen is not doing the Total Access show on Wednesday nights now. It's too bad...I really enjoyed the segment. Do you notice that Eisen hardly ever accepts Mike P's explanation, even when he is paraphrasing rules directly from the rule book? Typical fan/announcer type I guess
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 03:51pm
Official Forum Member

yeah along the lines of typical fan/announcer... I did a general search on google for the segment looking for links. You'll find all kinds of newspaper sites, and other links of people that are complaining that Mike P never says the officials are wrong!

In any event, I emailed the NFL network contact address and will post any info I get back from them if they are going to continue this segment or not.
Old Fri Dec 15, 2006, 11:01pm
Official Forum Member

If you have NFL Network and Comcast on Demand, you can probably watch them there. I just checked and every episode is available free on demand there including one from this week. I can't tell you when the originals air but I know they are still doing it.