The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 30, 2012, 06:57am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
Exactly what goal has it accomplished? Over-saturation runs the risk of turning people off this stuff. And don't forget the black eye Koman got and still has when it was revealed they support a particular organization.
Our donation does NOT go to Komen. Komen doesn't own the color pink nor are they the default charity when it comes to breast cancer research.

My research led me to the Breast Cancer Research Fund (bcrfcure.org). A+ rating by the American Institute of Philanthropy. 90%+ of the money received goes to research and awareness programs.

I didn't even consider Komen after they started suing other organizations for using the phrase "for the cure." Any organization that thinks that their money is best spent in this way shouldn't receive my money.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2012, 07:01am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You cannot really be asking this question. It has obviously made the color pink synonymous with the disease. And it has certainly raised awareness with the average public of research and getting tested for the signs of the disease. I get that this is such a manly sport and it bothers some to use sport to raise awareness for things (God Forbid) but does it really matter if for one day the crew uses a color not yellow for something? After all we have changed bean bag colors in the last couple of years and I do not see the tragedy in that fact either. Just the fact that some have objected to this the way they have objected makes me really support these things now. Yes I agree there are some things that are overkill, but I would do anything to have my aunt back if there was awareness there is now. If it saves someone from early detection I am happy. I do not want anyone to go through what my family went through and my two cousins in losing their mother to that disease. Is it really that bad to deal with and now it will be over when November comes?

Peace
Exactly right.

We've had a breast cancer scare in my immediate family and have lost people in my family to other types of cancer. No amount of awareness is "too much."

It's only one month. It's not a huge deal. And for those of you that hate it, you probably won't see the pink this weekend.
Old Tue Oct 30, 2012, 07:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich View Post
any organization that thinks that their money is best spent in this way shouldn't receive my money.
+1
Old Sat Nov 03, 2012, 07:17pm
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
And for those of you that hate it, you probably won't see the pink this weekend.
You were certainly right.
Old Sat Nov 03, 2012, 07:18pm
Official Forum Member

Remember when the penalty flags -- and corner flags -- were red in Fed?