Thread: Going too Far?
View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 30, 2012, 07:01am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You cannot really be asking this question. It has obviously made the color pink synonymous with the disease. And it has certainly raised awareness with the average public of research and getting tested for the signs of the disease. I get that this is such a manly sport and it bothers some to use sport to raise awareness for things (God Forbid) but does it really matter if for one day the crew uses a color not yellow for something? After all we have changed bean bag colors in the last couple of years and I do not see the tragedy in that fact either. Just the fact that some have objected to this the way they have objected makes me really support these things now. Yes I agree there are some things that are overkill, but I would do anything to have my aunt back if there was awareness there is now. If it saves someone from early detection I am happy. I do not want anyone to go through what my family went through and my two cousins in losing their mother to that disease. Is it really that bad to deal with and now it will be over when November comes?

Peace
Exactly right.

We've had a breast cancer scare in my immediate family and have lost people in my family to other types of cancer. No amount of awareness is "too much."

It's only one month. It's not a huge deal. And for those of you that hate it, you probably won't see the pink this weekend.