The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 03, 2012, 06:03am
Chain of Fools

But therein lies the rub, ODJ. In my mechanic, the HL is at R's restraining line. In 14 years of varsity ball, I have never seen the "problem" that you allege. Most of the coaches I have worked with so far wonder where in the world the change came from and who felt it was necessary?
Old Mon Sep 03, 2012, 07:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
But therein lies the rub, ODJ. In my mechanic, the HL is at R's restraining line. In 14 years of varsity ball, I have never seen the "problem" that you allege. Most of the coaches I have worked with so far wonder where in the world the change came from and who felt it was necessary?
Talk to the coach who OSK's on every free kick.
Old Mon Sep 03, 2012, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODJ View Post
The new blocking rule is meant to protect kids during an on-side or pooch kick. Too many injuries, and disadvantage, was caused by K plowing into R to clear out during the kick. A broad rule aimed at a specific problem.
I have no problem with the rule. It's the mechanic that makes no sense on 99% of kickoffs. When we see an obvious on-side kick situation we put 4 guys on the restraining lines anyway.

When you have a state association thinking the mechanic is stupid, it is time for the FED to reassess the mechanic.
Old Mon Sep 03, 2012, 11:02pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
I have no problem with the rule. It's the mechanic that makes no sense on 99% of kickoffs. When we see an obvious on-side kick situation we put 4 guys on the restraining lines anyway.

When you have a state association thinking the mechanic is stupid, it is time for the FED to reassess the mechanic.
Well considering that many states already take that position with other things, then not sure why this would make the FED do anything differently?

Peace