The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 21, 2003, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Well If I aint a MonkeyÂ’s Uncle , wasnÂ’t that last quiz a blast? I love my Uncle Ernie! Speaking of Uncles? Uncle Jeffy sent this quiz a while back. Have fun, the last play will leave you dizzy LOL

1) 3/5 @ A-40. A1 muffs the snap and the ball is rolling at the A-42 when A2, attempting to recover the ball, contacts B1 below the waist from behind at the A-38. A3 recovers the ball at the A-44.

2) 3/5 @ A-40. QB A1 is scrambling behind his line when A2 holds B1 at the A-36. A1 completes a pass to A3 (eligible) at the B-45 where A3 is downed.

3) 3/5 @ A-40. B1 intercepts a pass at the B-3. His momentum carries him into his end zone where he is tackled by the facemask by A2.

4) 3/5 @ A-40. A1 runs to the A-43 where he fumbles the ball. The ball is accidentally kicked to A2 who recovers at the A-35. A2 then throws an incomplete pass toward A3 (#66)

5) 3/5 @ A-40. K1 kicks off from the A-40. At the R-20, R1 is standing on the sideline when he touches ball (as yet untouched) while the ball is outside the sideline.

6) Score A-13, B-14 with 11 seconds left in the 4th quarter. It is 3rd and 15 from the B-20. A1 is in position to try a field goal. A2 is position to hold for the kick at the B-27 with one knee on the ground. A has only 3 players on the line numbered 50-79. A2 rises to catch the errant snap and immediately returns to his knee and places the ball on the tee. As A1 approaches to kick, A2 rises with the ball. A1 fakes a kick and is hit from the side by B1. A2 scrambles to his left and throws a forward pass towards A3, #88. As the high pass nears him, A3 steps on the sideline at the B-4 then leaps to catch the ball. The ball deflects off A3Â’s hands and is intercepted by B2 at the B-8. B4 turns to B2 and while at the B-9 yells for him to get down. B2, standing at the B-8, hands the ball to B4 who immediately drops to his knees with 2 seconds remaining on the clock.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2003, 04:01pm
Official Forum Member

Smile I have a head ache!!!

Okay, I'll give these the old college try (or should I say the National Federation of High School try)...

1. 4th and 1 at A 44 yl.

2. 3rd and 19 at A 26 yl.

3. 1st and 10 for B at B 18 yl (assuming 15 yard foul).

4. 4th and 5 at A 40 yl. (Accidental kick is a muff).

5. B will decline A3's foul for illegal participation. After the enforcement of B2's foul for illegal forward handing, it will be B's ball 1st and 10 at the B 4 yard line. Clock starts on the snap.
Old Sat Mar 22, 2003, 05:41pm
Official Forum Member

Re: I have a head ache!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Simonds
Okay, I'll give these the old college try (or should I say the National Federation of High School try)...

1. 4th and 1 at A 44 yl.

2. 3rd and 19 at A 26 yl.

3. 1st and 10 for B at B 18 yl (assuming 15 yard foul).

5. B will decline A3's foul for illegal participation. After the enforcement of B2's foul for illegal forward handing, it will be B's ball 1st and 10 at the B 4 yard line. Clock starts on the snap.
Sorry about the head-ache LOL .The only place I think you got off track was skipping # 5 and miss-labeling # 6. And how about the clock staus for 1-5 . but otherwise....GOOD JOB MIKE !
Old Sun Mar 23, 2003, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Smile I suffer from CRS syndrone...

Thank you James! I love your case plays! Sorry about missing number 5. Here goes: Penalty on K for a free kick out of bounds untouched by R. If I remember correctly, the funny book had a good illustration on this. The covering official has to determine if the free kick would have landed out of bounds whether or not R touches it; in other words K caused the kick to go out of bounds.
Old Sun Mar 23, 2003, 09:12pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Whoops, CRS again!

Darn it! You wanted the clock. Rule 3 is where I need the most help but here goes...

1. Ready.
2. Ready.
3. Snap.
4. Snap.
5. Depends. If K rekicks when kick is touched (other than first touching by K in the neutral zone). If R takes ball at 35 or the out of bounds spot then the snap.
6. Snap.
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 10:43am
Official Forum Member

Re: I have a head ache!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Simonds

3/5 @ A-40. A1 runs to the A-43 where he fumbles the ball. The ball is accidentally kicked to A2 who recovers at the A-35. A2 then throws an incomplete pass toward A3 (#66)

Mike,
The more I think about this play I see it really doesn't give enough information. Unless a B player accidentally kicked this ball IÂ’m having some issues in regard to A2 tossing a pass at big ole #66 who probably wouldnÂ’t have caught the pass anyway. If it wasn't a B player then A2 needs to leave the passing duties to the QB who knows not to throw a pass at an ineligible receiver or to an area not occupied by an eligible offensive receiver. What do you think?
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Another bad on me...

James, I don't see how I overlooked A66 but you are correct. On question #4 we need more data.

Depending on the location of A66:

1. If A66 does not touch the pass then you may have intentional grounding by A2.

2. If A66 is located beyond the expanded neutral zone then you may have offensive pass interference (if A66 touches the pass or a B player while the pass is in the air or impedes a B's player movement towards the pass) or ineligible man down field on a forward pass that crosses the neutral zone.

3. If A66 is located in or behind the neutral zone and the pass merely hits him in the back while A66 is blocking or looking for someone to block, then the referee will have to use his judgement as to whether A2 commits intentional grounding or it was a poorly thrown pass (no call).

4. If A66 is turned around facing A2 in or behind the neutral zone and A2 throws a pass towards A66, then you may have illegal touching by A66 if A66 touches or catches the pass, or if the pass is incomplete near A66 you may have intentional grounding.

I agree, question #4 needs to have more data. But its still fun to think about all the possibilities...
Old Tue Apr 01, 2003, 01:08pm
Official Forum Member

I think the point made about this play is that all the action up to the pass is legal. If the pass is legal and there is no foul by A66, then count the down.