View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 24, 2003, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

Unhappy Another bad on me...

James, I don't see how I overlooked A66 but you are correct. On question #4 we need more data.

Depending on the location of A66:

1. If A66 does not touch the pass then you may have intentional grounding by A2.

2. If A66 is located beyond the expanded neutral zone then you may have offensive pass interference (if A66 touches the pass or a B player while the pass is in the air or impedes a B's player movement towards the pass) or ineligible man down field on a forward pass that crosses the neutral zone.

3. If A66 is located in or behind the neutral zone and the pass merely hits him in the back while A66 is blocking or looking for someone to block, then the referee will have to use his judgement as to whether A2 commits intentional grounding or it was a poorly thrown pass (no call).

4. If A66 is turned around facing A2 in or behind the neutral zone and A2 throws a pass towards A66, then you may have illegal touching by A66 if A66 touches or catches the pass, or if the pass is incomplete near A66 you may have intentional grounding.

I agree, question #4 needs to have more data. But its still fun to think about all the possibilities...