The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Nov 20, 2010, 11:54pm
Official Forum Member

Nu txamu

If Nebraska makes the Big 12 title game they should demand the officials come from a neutral conference. Either that or just pick 7 dads out of the stands in Dallas, they might be better.

Now I believe d-1 officials deserve respect, but I will not extend that blanket once a crew throws it off.

Anyone want to comment on:

The DPI againts NE where the a&m receiverf pulled the defender into contact.
The roughing the passer against NE who was already committed to h is clean shoulder first hit

Alright let the apologists start...
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

I didn't see the plays but if are the only 2 misses they had, then I'd say great job.

When you hit a defenseless player at the shoulders or above then it is a foul. Being committed will not relieve you from a foul of this nature. Hit him in the chest then it would not be foul if the contact was unavoidable.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 02:08am
Official Forum Member

Sounds like you have bought into the conspiracy theory Rev. Nebraska has griped all year long about the refs who they believe are "punishing" them for leaving the conference.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 08:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX View Post
I didn't see the plays but if are the only 2 misses they had, then I'd say great job.

When you hit a defenseless player at the shoulders or above then it is a foul. Being committed will not relieve you from a foul of this nature. Hit him in the chest then it would not be foul if the contact was unavoidable.
Contact was on the torso below the shoulders aka clean.

And all year I've been telling the sonspiracy theorists who have substantial statistical support, that they were just paranoid, but 2 free 1st downs on plays beyond questionable have removed all faith I have in the integrity of big 12 officiating.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 09:25am
Official Forum Member

So with your "logic", when a crew makes 2 or more mistakes they are cheating? Are you really an official in any sport? If so your crew never made 2 mistakes in a game?!?!?!
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 09:33am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike View Post
So with your "logic", when a crew makes 2 or more mistakes they are cheating? Are you really an official in any sport? If so your crew never made 2 mistakes in a game?!?!?!
Why waste time with these fanboy clowns? You can't win. No matter what, the meanies in stripes screwed their teams and they just ain't gonna take it anymore. You sureashell can't reason with 'em.

Ignore.

Or tell 'em to piss off.

Your choice.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 09:55am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
If Nebraska makes the Big 12 title game they should demand the officials come from a neutral conference. Either that or just pick 7 dads out of the stands in Dallas, they might be better.
A fanboy statement if I've ever heard one.

Quote:
Now I believe d-1 officials deserve respect, but I will not extend that blanket once a crew throws it off.
All officials deserve respect, even if they make a call you don't agree with.

Quote:
Anyone want to comment on:

The DPI againts NE where the a&m receiverf pulled the defender into contact.
That would be a matter of opinion, wouldn't it? Did you have the same view as the official who made the call? Did you decide immediately what the call should be or did you decide after watching a replay?

Quote:
The roughing the passer against NE who was already committed to h is clean shoulder first hit
Already committed? That means absolutely nothing. If in the referee's judgment, the contact was avoidable, then it's roughing the passer. Again, did you have the same view as the official who made the call? Did you decide immediately what the call should be or did you decide after watching a replay?

Quote:
Alright let the apologists start...
No apologist here. But if you send me tapes of all the perfect games you've called, how big would the package be?

I would think you would know there's only one perfect man to ever live.

I would think you need to decide you're an official or a fanboy.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 10:36am
Official Forum Member

I saw some brutal officiating all over yesterday, including the ... wait for it... SEC. It seemed as if every time I changed channels another play was being overturned.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reffing Rev. View Post
Contact was on the torso below the shoulders aka clean.

And all year I've been telling the sonspiracy theorists who have substantial statistical support, that they were just paranoid, but 2 free 1st downs on plays beyond questionable have removed all faith I have in the integrity of big 12 officiating.
So what you are saying is that all those games you officiated and made 2 or more mistakes, you are saying that you were cheating for that team who benefited by it. Is that what you are admitting too? If that's what you are accusing the D-1 officials of then the same must apply to your games.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

I watched the entire game. The only clearly missed call was early in the game when A&M threw an outlet pass to a back in the flat and he got pasted by contact clearly directed at the shoulder or above. The RFP call was correct as the defender lead with the crown of his helmet. There's little doubt about either one of these.

The DPI was flagged and the flag was picked up. From the replay, the contact probably didn't occur until the defender touched the ball with his left hand/arm. His right arm was behind the receiver, but it 1) didn't touch until about the same time he hit the ball and 2) didn't swirl the receiver around. Honestly, this call could have gone either way.

I admit I'm baised as an A&M grad, but there can be no debate that Pelini and Nebraska embarrassed themselves last night. There were numerous personal fouls and USC penalties and ever one of them was deserved (and not mentioned by the poster). Last week, A&M had plenty of big calls go against them -- something like 3 TDs wiped out by penalties. Every call I saw in that game was correct.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
The RFP call was correct as the defender lead with the crown of his helmet. There's little doubt about either one of these.

I admit I'm baised as an A&M grad, but there can be no debate that Pelini and Nebraska embarrassed themselves last night.
The RTP was a miss. From the R's angle he clearly saw the defender lower his helmet as he went in. What he did not see was that the helmet did not actually hit the QB but the shoulder did. I can understand with all the emphasis that is being placed on t hese calls why it was flagged but in retrospect, it was a miss.

You are right on re the Nebraska behavior. The psyche of this team since last year has been that they are going to be hosed by the Big XII. They go in expecting it and then they perform in a way that makes it (many fouls) come true.

I will have a video clip later in the day though that shows an A & M player not being a good boy and actually "causing" a Nebraska player to react in a way that got him a personal foul (kicked the A & M player) and an unsportsmanlike conduct (not sure what he did) on the same play. The A & M player must be an animal husbandry major as it appeared he might have been trying to artificially inseminate the Nebraska kid.
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 04:12pm
Do not give a damn!!

When you score less than 7 points, it is not the official's fault.

Peace
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 04:25pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike View Post

You are right on re the Nebraska behavior. The psyche of this team since last year has been that they are going to be hosed by the Big XII. They go in expecting it and then they perform in a way that makes it (many fouls) come true.
The Nebraska chancellor agrees with you. He announced today that he's fed up with Pelini's behavior too and he's gonna do something about it(supposedly).
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 04:46pm
Official Forum Member

The Big XII (or the remaining ten) pocket $9 million if somebody other than Nebraska wins the Big XII championship game this year.

Now I'm not allowed to referee soccer games my kid plays in, not because I would be unfair, but because every call I made would be scrutinized. This is Refereeing 101. Even if you're the best official available, if you have a vested interest in the outcome, you don't get to call the game.

And if Nebraska makes the title game, the Big XII has a $9 million dollar interest in who wins.

I'm not accusing anybody of anything. In 20 years of soccer refereeing, I saw exactly three cases of blatant referee bias, so I don't think it's as widespread as fans like to believe.

But I do think Nebraska has a point. It's not fair to the officials to ask them to call a game where their bosses have such a huge amount of money at stake based on who wins or loses.

Obviously I'm a soccer guy, so help me out here. What am I missing?
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

What you are missing is that the league bosses are not officiating the game. The game will be reffed by a group of guys who are at the point of the career where they know full well the ONLY thing they have which cannot or should not be called into question is their integrity. They gain nothing from that "windfall" you mention. They lose EVERYTHING if they were to allow themselves to be pressured by anyone.